Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo unveils adorable 9" touchscreen for 2015 XC90

Johan

Ex got M3 in the divorce, waiting for EU Model Y!
Feb 9, 2012
Drammen, Norway
I'm looking for Volvo to be one of those automakers that might be able to "adapt technically in the mid- and long term" as S&P put it.

MacroP

Jan 12, 2013
West Oz
Just curious of other's thoughts - do find that with more and more cars coming with an entire LCD instrument cluster these days (like this Volvo) that the use the simulated mechanical dial speedo and tacho a bit silly. A lot of real-estate wasted in my opinion - so much more info can be displayed - music, nav, climate etc etc. Are people not ready for thing change?.

My 6 year old car has the old school mechanical tacho and speedo but with a small LCD in between. I have this LCD set to speed, trip computer readings and music. Seems to cover most things is its small area. Personally I would rather see everything directly in front of me on the cluster and have a steering wheel full of controls.

perdru

Nov 21, 2013
Norway
Just curious of other's thoughts - do find that with more and more cars coming with an entire LCD instrument cluster these days (like this Volvo) that the use the simulated mechanical dial speedo and tacho a bit silly. A lot of real-estate wasted in my opinion - so much more info can be displayed - music, nav, climate etc etc. Are people not ready for thing change?.

My 6 year old car has the old school mechanical tacho and speedo but with a small LCD in between. I have this LCD set to speed, trip computer readings and music. Seems to cover most things is its small area. Personally I would rather see everything directly in front of me on the cluster and have a steering wheel full of controls.

I find Audi´s solution making more sense :
New Audi TT's Gauge Cluster Will Spread to Three Other Models by 2015 – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC