Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo using a supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a brand-new Tesla model S just over a week ago and on Thursday I set out on my first 1000 mile road trip.

I stopped at my first ever supercharger, and noticed that there was a Volvo charging???

Was just wondering are other cars allowed to use the Tesla superchargers??

It was most inconvenient because the Volvo has the charging port in the wrong place, so this Volvo was parked in the wrong spot...

volvo2.jpg

We've seen this several times before. Currently, it's not possible.

Volvo V60 charging at a Supercharger - comments?

Per @Hookmaker
"Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the late reply.
We have had a couple of cases like this before. It is definitely not possible to charge with a Volvo PHEV on our Supercharger stations, nor with any other EV at the moment. Our equipment register what kind of vehicle that connects and there will be no charging, if it’s not a Tesla. Furthermore the car in question has no DC charging possibility to my knowing. So it would be fair to say that it’s most likely scenario # 1, as you mention.

Thanks again for getting in contact. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology and wish you some great trips with your Model S.

Best regards,"
Tesla Supercharger team EU

the EU spec superchargers use the same universal Type 2 connector other EVs use so they can plug in, but the supercharger is smart enough to figure out its not a tesla and not spit out any juice (not that the volvo has dc fast charging abilities). Pretty much what the tesla people said.

In all honesty they probably just wanted the parking spot lol

Reactions: BluestarE3