Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo XC40 EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything looks great about it. I like the size, the specs, the price.

Only things left is how fast they can expand a charging network... and in my case end of 2020 is too late. Most likely I'll still go the used Model S route for a few years.

I miss the Volvo ride and build quality. That XC60 rental I drove last year gave me the best feeling compared to driving any newer cars lately. Sadly I ended up with a used Model S, as I said back in October last year. Man, I hate hindsight, I wish I would've waited. I say sadly because I only got to use it for a few months before this lockdown and even worse, I find the build quality and design choices Tesla made, much much inferior to even an older ICE Volvo.

If the XC40 EV is to arrive late 2020, how did you see one today?
In Los Angeles it is not rare to see cars before well release. It had a bit of camouflage on it. In Ventura and Santa Barbara area, we see BMW vehicles up to a year in advance of release. Many of these cars are here for testing. The companies use our Sierra Nevada where the altitudes of roads can reach near 11,000 ft. and of course Death Valley for its heat. Lastly, practically every truck and SUV commercial is filmed and photographed in California's Alabama Hills.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I finally bought an XC40 Recharge Electric today, to use in Rio de Janeiro. Tesla still has not come to Brasil, and I drove an SC40 Electric a few weeks ago then looked over the owners manual. Mostly it follows what I want. The Apple Car Play is meant to arrive via OTA update in a fe weeks, perhaps before my car arrived in mid-November. Otherwise it has nearly all the features of Tesla that I cannot live without, including OTA updates of everything. The price included a wall charger and it's installation, so that helps. Hopefully I'll not miss the Model 3 I wanted too desperately.
The least attractive part is the odd multi-step way to actuate adaptive cruise control and lane assist, shared with several others I have tried, including the tiny but adorable new Fiat 500E.

Even here in Brasil, home of very high importance duties the price is just about the same as US MSRP. Perhaps that is because they ahem not raised prices as the Real has been dropping.

Volvo has benefitted greatly by the Geely obsession to seek as much of the Tesla features as possible.

Reactions: Ormond