TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Vossen 22" Wheels - Can someone help guide me?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by TheAccuser, Aug 19, 2015.

1. TheAccuser

TheAccuser Member

I'd like to get these wheels. Can someone help out with the following questions though?

1. Are these legit Vossen wheels? I can't find that model wheel on Vossen's site anywhere.

2. How do I know if these are forged other than taking the seller's word for it?

3. If these are legit Vossen wheels and are forged, is this a decent price...or should I hold out and/or make an offer for a lower price? Keep in mind, they did not sell the first time they listed them.

Thanks!

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Member

No link ...FYI I rolled on 22 vossens on my P85+ ... I don't recommend anything bigger than 21s ...they were too much hassle and I'm in California

3. TheAccuser

TheAccuser Member

Maybe the link was stripped. If you search eBay for "vossen forged", you'll see them.

Too much of a hassle because of what mainly? The ride quality?

4. Butcher

Butcher Member

They rub. I have them, they look great and get tons of looks and compliments but they rub a lot.

5. landover

landover Member

I wouldn't recommend the 22s ether. I bought them last year for my car and have cracked 3 rims so far. I had them on for about one month in the begging of summer and have have enough of flat tires, and replacing $500.00 rims. I wouldn't listen to everyone on here that says not to buy them. Moral of the story, Don't be like me.

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Member

The model is supposed to be VFS1 those look real ..however u can get new for ~800/pc... I wouldn't buy wheels that size with Out seeing them balanced ...I bought a spare 21 off eBay and it was so off balance could not use .. As Butcher says they rub I ran 255 on front and 295 on back of my old P85+ ...the wheels are heavier and u do lose range ...also given ur in Midwest I can't believe roads there are better than here ..and the wheels are easily damaged ... Driving in CA I curb rashes the rims few times and broke a couple of beads in tires ...I prefer my stock 21s or 20s look good on the car as well ...I also had air suspension so I could lower the car for better look ..without looking like a Donk :) the only positive is the 295s filled out rear end real well

7. duyph4m

duyph4m Member

Do it rub in front and back or only in front?

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Member

Mine rubbed front only

9. Butcher

Butcher Member

Both for me. The rears going over bumps on the freeway and when turning tight into driveways. The fronts rub when turning the wheel all they way to lock.

10. duyph4m

duyph4m Member

What do you have on the rear? 295/25-22 or 255/30-22?

11. Butcher

Butcher Member

295/25-22

12. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

wanted to go 22, glad I didn't, friend that went on 22 regret has well, looks great, but too much troubles.

13. CARiD

CARiD New Member

25 profile tires are way to slim and which results in poor driving comfort and a very high chance to get a flat tire and damage the rims. The best driving comfort would be achieved by the manufacturer recommended wheel sizes.