Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote for Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires for Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by a Michelin rep that they will launch the Crossclimate 2 in the stock 19” size (255/45-19) on April 1, 2022. Induction folks are still out of luck though. 😩
That’s great! Would you be able to share which contact method you used to get an answer from Michelin about this? I’ve not had luck with various attempts to reach them. Thank you!

I put a set of CrossClimate 2 on our Chevy Volt. The result was a 20% or more range reduction and much more rolling resistance.
Smooth, quiet and good handling tire, but a real efficiency killer for us.
I try to exploit 0 kW coasting for maximum range, and the crossclimates drag down momentum quickly.

Wow, that's sounds extreme, perhaps the rolling resistance of the CrossClimate 2 is worse than my CrossClimate+.
If you have moment, I'd be curious to know:
a) what time of year did you see this impact?
b) was it still this large after around 1,000 miles of use?
c) what PSI does your Volt recommend?

FYI, found this nice breakdown of contributors to EV efficiency:

I presently have the OEM Continental 255/45R19 on my MYLR Gemini's and the ride is harsh. A taller sidewall should help a little so I'm looking to upgrade to the CC2 255/55R19 at my upcoming new tire purchase. I know that the 29.2" is a tad taller than the recommended 29". But does anyone have a CC2 255/55R19 on their vehicle who can comment? Or is 55R19 just too tall on the MYLR?

From the size poll (here in Model Y Driving Dynamics) about half the respondents agree that 45R19 is harsh. That's why I'm looking for something with a taller sidewall.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021