Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vote on software features/bugs to fix in 7.1 and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time to resurrect a dead thread! Calling @BertL @msnow @Korben

It looks like 2 years later, some of the more popular items are finally making it into the software. Namely, sunroof close on rain, and retracting steering wheel on enter/exit.

Certainly better late than never and I wish the software dev team all the best.
Although it's certainly possible I think it's more coincidence than anything else. There were a lot of good ideas in that document so it makes sense some of them would make it to production 2 years later but the biggies (Navigation and Media Player) still are way behind other cars I've owned. Even my now 7 year old Lexus has them.

Reactions: BertL
Although it's certainly possible I think it's more coincidence than anything else. There were a lot of good ideas in that document so it makes sense some of them would make it to production 2 years later but the biggies (Navigation and Media Player) still are way behind other cars I've owned. Even my now 7 year old Lexus has them.
Can't disagree with you, but I think Model 3 launch has freed up some resources to finally devote to this list.

I'd like for summon to just open the garage door when the car is charging, rather than be unavailable, the idea here is that you can then open the garage door with the key fob in stead of having to open the app and access homelink, perhaps even permanently configure the summon action on the key fob to open the garage door in stead of exiting the garage, and regular park and then close garage door when using summon to park the vehicle in the garage?

I have idea that the accelerator pedal to have two stages. When the vehicle start to accelerate the pedal operates as a normal, after reaching the desired speed, you can slight touch it to a certain position to maintain the reached speed. This can also be implemented with autopilot. For example, by double tapping the pedal you can activate the autopilot at the current speed.

Sentry with collision awareness:
Parallel parking in cities around the Bay Area are a nightmare, especially in Oakland and SF because drivers around here whom have decided that their car is just a tool for getting from A to B will use their bumper (against yours) to tell when they have no more room to back up/advance in a parking spot.

This means that you will likely run the risk of having someone back into, it advance into your front/rear bumpers, damaging your paint and bumpers themselves.

Would love to have sentry mode have additional sensor capabilities - while parked - to detect when another vehicle is getting dangerously close to your bumpers and honk the horn to warn them that they are about to hit the Tesla.

With sentry only, you would need to notice the damage and hope that you still have the footage available, then file an insurance claim if you can get your agent to track down the owner based on their license plate.

My suggestion is to basically enable the proximity sensors, and if they breach a certain threshold (~12-20 inches)then trigger the horn.
It mimics the behavior of of a driver being in the car that's about to get bumped into.

I'm hoping to mitigate the chance of getting hit in the first place by letting the offending driver(s) know that they are dangerously close to hitting the car in front/behind them.