Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Vote]- Will you buy Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck or Rivian?

Will you buy Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck or Rivian?

• Yes. Buying Hummer EV instead of Cybertruck or Rivian

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Yes. Buying both Hummer EV AND Cybertruck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Buying both Hummer EV AND Rivian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • No. Buying Cybertruck only

Votes: 127 80.9%
  • No. Buying Rivian only

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • No. Buying both Cybertruck AND Rivian.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • No. Buying other Tesla only.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • No. Already own Tesla. Not buying more.

• No. Buying other EV that are not Tesla, Rivian or Hummer.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No. Not buying any EV.

• None of the above

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the Hummer EV [HEV]. But the HEV is way to expensive. The $79k version should be at most $60k minus federal credit. Do I prefer it to the cybertruck? Nope.

We will buy a 2 motor cybertruck and a rivian SUV if it starts at $59k minus federal credit. Otherwise maybe a model Y. What we really want? An electric FJ cruiser.

In April, GM ran out of Federal credits just like Tesla did.

Guys, we haven't addressed the elephant in the room!! It's a HUMMER, it's actual range will be something like 50 miles with a 100kwh pack.

Geeze, have we learned nothing about Hummers and their notorious 3mpg driving capacity over the years?

/s

And yes, the CR report said it's better that you can enable naggy backseat driver safety mode but can only do that on less than 1% of pre-mapped streets, and that makes it safer than having less-naggy AP available on 100% of streets. #BecauseLogic

The Hummer is way to expensive for me but aside from that, I'm not going to hate on it too much. Its interesting. I could see Arnold driving one around but not your average consumer. The prototype they displayed seemed more of a finished product than the Cybertruck and the informercial demonstrated some of its ability.

Tesla kinda has been keeping us in the dark about the finalized specs of the Cybertruck and aside from an awkward demo at tesla, All I've seen is Jay Leno driving it around slowly. Would be nice if Tesla created a hype video that demonstrated some of the things the CT could do. Elon said they're making some tweaks and hopefully we see something in a month.

The Hummer is way to expensive for me but aside from that, I'm not going to hate on it too much. Its interesting. I could see Arnold driving one around but not your average consumer. The prototype they displayed seemed more of a finished product than the Cybertruck and the informercial demonstrated some of its ability.

Tesla kinda has been keeping us in the dark about the finalized specs of the Cybertruck and aside from an awkward demo at tesla, All I've seen is Jay Leno driving it around slowly. Would be nice if Tesla created a hype video that demonstrated some of the things the CT could do. Elon said they're making some tweaks and hopefully we see something in a month.

Unfortunately, GM admitted the “prototype” was not operational and the commercials were CGI. I am sure they will get it working at some point, but seems kind of deceptive.

Reactions: kayak1
I have deposits on the R1T and CyberTruck... Two different offerings for sure. I won't buy the R1T until they bring out their 400+ mile high capacity battery and then we'll see how it prices out. CyberTruck looks massively capable, but will wait to see final design adjustments and such. Timing may determine which one I go with, I may end up with both. If that happens the CT would probably be mine technically and the R1T I would make a company vehicle and aside from me, my son and others would be driving it probably more. We'll see I guess...

I have mixed feelings on the Hummer EV. GM engineered the hell out of that thing and it shows. That said, the pricing is stupid and I would prefer to never buy a GM product ever again. The Hummer and the R1T both suffer from their batteries. Tesla has the advantage of their charging infrastructure along with having joint patents and exclusive access to the latest Panasonic and CATL batteries plus will soon be making their own. GM, Rivian and others have to settle for the older tech or the little they can scrounge up of the latest offerings and don't have a charging infrastructure to lean on... These factors are huge, the industry totally underestimated Tesla's strategy there.

Reactions: HandleX