Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voting as a German shareholder (merger)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

i am a german (relatively small) shareholder. Do you know if it's possible to vote as a german shareholder? Are there other german shareholders here?
I already called the international number Instructions for Voting on Tesla's Acquisition of SolarCity but nobody responded. Would appreciate any help.

Moritz

I would try to contact my broker. Haven´t bothered yet myself, but I think the my online banking broker would be the place I´d start.

I'm a small, French shareholder of both TSLA and SCTY, so I guess I'm in a similar situation. I contacted my broker - Boursorama, a bank owned mostly by Société Générale - a few weeks ago. And asked them to send the control numbers (CN) for both stocks, which I need to vote on proxyvote.com.

My broker told me they sent these CN by postal mail 3 weeks ago, but I never received them. So I asked them to send them again last Wednesday and called both Innisfree and MacKenzie Partners for assistance, as suggested by Tesla and SolarCity

Tesla: Instructions for Voting on Tesla's Acquisition of SolarCity
SolarCity: Investor Relations - SolarCity

Both told me that I deal with my broker directly (for some reason, I'm not registered as a shareholder on Tesla and SolarCity listing). Innisfree will also contact my bank to make sure they provide the CN on time and, if necessary, by email (so far, my bank refused to do so). I'll try again tomorrow...

• Disagree
Reactions: RobStark
I'm a small, French shareholder of both TSLA and SCTY, so I guess I'm in a similar situation. I contacted my broker - Boursorama, a bank owned mostly by Société Générale - a few weeks ago. And asked them to send the control numbers (CN) for both stocks, which I need to vote on proxyvote.com.

My broker told me they sent these CN by postal mail 3 weeks ago, but I never received them. So I asked them to send them again last Wednesday and called both Innisfree and MacKenzie Partners for assistance, as suggested by Tesla and SolarCity

Both told me that I deal with my broker directly (for some reason, I'm not registered as a shareholder on Tesla and SolarCity listing). Innisfree will also contact my bank to make sure they provide the CN on time and, if necessary, by email (so far, my bank refused to do so). I'll try again tomorrow...

I just got a call from Lake Isle M & A (+44 20 7710 9960) on behalf of Tesla, to help me cast my vote. Unfortunately, I can't do anything until my bank send me the control number.

I would try to contact my broker. Haven´t bothered yet myself, but I think the my online banking broker would be the place I´d start.

forgot to mention. tried this as first step. broker said there is no possibility.

thx alot. i called again and asked for my CN. At first the employee said that he doesn't know what a CN is and it doesn't exist. But i insisted and he put me on hold to asked someone. When he came back he said that there is this possibility in general but they don't provide that service. Do you know if they are obligated to send me my CN? (or if it is just a service)

I've just asked the French stock market regulator, and will post an update as soon as I get their answer.

Sorry for the late update. Boursorama called me back to give me the control numbers for both TSLA and SCTY over the phone, right after I told them I called the stock market regulator. It seems like they are legally required to provide the voting materials when the customer ask them in time.