Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vredestein Quatrac Pro vs Michelin PS A/S 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Replaced shoes with Vredestein Quatrac Pros. So far so good. No real hit to efficiency. Tires are quiet and a bit softer it seems.

I purchased these from a local tire shop. It appears they sourced them from Tire Rack….which I didn’t know was a thing. Further, their price was actually less than what I would have paid directly to Tire Rack. Saved about $150 when installation is included.
Agree, I have about 200 miles on my 20” Quatrac Pros and efficiency has been good. Ride noise is good too.

Overall, much better than the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1s. I live in New England and would recommend these to those who need the more aggressive tread pattern (ie for snow).

Interesting that your initial impression is that the Quatrac Pros are more efficient than the OEM Goodyear Eagle F1s.

The opposite seems to be true when replacing the 19"LRR OEM ContiPros with either the Michelin CrossClimate2 or the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s, as they returned LESS efficient Wh/mi.

Details are important when discussing tires. Size, brand, model...all are important, especially if we're all OCD about efficiency. ;)

Last edited:
I have the quatrac pros 19 255-45

Was absolutely better than the stock contis on ride quality and grip on wet roads for sure
Grip on high heat dry has been excellent as well
Snow was solid when i tested them last winter no issues

Went with them over the michellins all season pilot sport literally cause of price
and because i used them once before on an accord
No regrets

Been avg about the same as the stock contis on wh/mi no noticeable difference there imo

The Michelin PilotSport A/S 4 is substantially quieter, softer riding than the OEM ContiProContacts. They're also quieter, but not softer, than the CrossClimate2. Wet traction is superior to OEM. (No experience in snow/ice.)

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
After 300 miles, I am now matching my average in efficiency with the 19 inch Quatrac Pros. I still feel that the ride is less jarring when hitting bumps, though certainly not Lexus smooth. So far, I am quite pleased.
Just a quick update for anyone interested in the Vredestein Quatrac Pro’s. After 2000 miles, efficiency is 258 vs 267 lifetime for the car. Have been getting colder weather, and still holding steady. Will report again mid-winter to highlight efficiency and handling on snow/ice compared to the OEM Conti’s.
Ok I think I am convinced to get the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's, what is a big surprise to me is improved efficiency you are getting. Not complaining but feel like Tesla should start offering those vs Conti lol. Also price sure is better for Quatrac Pro's. Speed rating too - but I can't go that fast is Model y so it is moot point really. I guess Noise is only thing I am bit worried about, but hey will just play music bit louder if anything.

Ok I think I am convinced to get the Vredestein Quatrac Pro's, what is a big surprise to me is improved efficiency you are getting. Not complaining but feel like Tesla should start offering those vs Conti lol. Also price sure is better for Quatrac Pro's. Speed rating too - but I can't go that fast is Model y so it is moot point really. I guess Noise is only thing I am bit worried about, but hey will just play music bit louder if anything.
With the weather getting cold and more snow on the ground, I have another update. The tires are mostly a wash as far as efficiency goes. So, not sure how this will look in a couple months of driving to ski areas. What I can say still, is that the tires are far better on wet and snowy roads. Simply put, one appears to get better grip, with similar efficiency. I’ll take that combination anytime.

Having said all this, I see you are in Florida. Maybe these variables are less of a concern for you?

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
I was this many days old when I first heard of the Vredestein tire brand. I have bought a lot of tires for a lot of cars in my lifetime, and Vredestein has never come up before. Maybe it is a regional thing or US thing - how long have they been mainstream in the US?

Learn something new every day...

Just put an order in for the Quatrac Pros from tirerack.

I was going to wait until next winter to get more use out of my Contis (only 8,000 miles on them) but they were too much of a liability with our winters around here.

They were relatively cheap ($900) and if they keep me from sliding into a ditch or getting in an accident they will be well worth it.

Reactions: MJP.P3D- and JonB65
The Michelin PilotSport A/S 4 is substantially quieter, softer riding than the OEM ContiProContacts. They're also quieter, but not softer, than the CrossClimate2. Wet traction is superior to OEM. (No experience in snow/ice.)
How much louder are the CrossClimate2's? Obviously, things like loudness/quietness are subjective and hard to quantify, but still would be interested in your impression. My wife's E350 has the CrossClimate 2's and you can definitely hear them. They aren't uncomfortably loud or anything but they do buzz while in motion. If we lived in a snowy area the trade-off would be worth it (you endure a little more noise and in return, you get much better wet and snowy weather handling), but we live in Southern California so IDK. Again, the CC2's aren't super loud or anything but the A/S 4's are great tires so I'd be interested in your subjective impression about noise levels.

With the weather getting cold and more snow on the ground, I have another update. The tires are mostly a wash as far as efficiency goes. So, not sure how this will look in a couple months of driving to ski areas. What I can say still, is that the tires are far better on wet and snowy roads. Simply put, one appears to get better grip, with similar efficiency. I’ll take that combination anytime.

Having said all this, I see you are in Florida. Maybe these variables are less of a concern for you?
Honestly just looking for a better tire, mostly driving on dry and wet (lots of rain here) sometimes we go north so may see some snow. I have the tires in my cart, $960 includes installation. I think I am sold.

How much louder are the CrossClimate2's? Obviously, things like loudness/quietness are subjective and hard to quantify, but still would be interested in your impression. My wife's E350 has the CrossClimate 2's and you can definitely hear them. They aren't uncomfortably loud or anything but they do buzz while in motion. If we lived in a snowy area the trade-off would be worth it (you endure a little more noise and in return, you get much better wet and snowy weather handling), but we live in Southern California so IDK. Again, the CC2's aren't super loud or anything but the A/S 4's are great tires so I'd be interested in your subjective impression about noise levels.
We don't need the same trade-off, as the DFW rarely gets snow (when it does, I so NOWHERE, as the kamikaze drivers here no nothing about snow/ice!).

How much louder? Loud enough that I swapped TWO sets, one off my wife's Avalon Hybrid, and one off my MY. We do enough dry, warm weather driving that the "buzz" you mention is real. Even after about 2k miles on the Avalon, they hadn't quieted down.
LOVE the PSA/S 4s, but haven't encountered any snow, and probably won't.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88
Honestly just looking for a better tire, mostly driving on dry and wet (lots of rain here) sometimes we go north so may see some snow. I have the tires in my cart, $960 includes installation. I think I am sold.
I got my Quatracs installed yesterday. After a short drive I think they are more quiet than my OEM Goodyear tires. At least after 25k miles on the OEMs. Let us know how it works out for you.

Reactions: Koolio46
We don't need the same trade-off, as the DFW rarely gets snow (when it does, I so NOWHERE, as the kamikaze drivers here no nothing about snow/ice!).

How much louder? Loud enough that I swapped TWO sets, one off my wife's Avalon Hybrid, and one off my MY. We do enough dry, warm weather driving that the "buzz" you mention is real. Even after about 2k miles on the Avalon, they hadn't quieted down.
LOVE the PSA/S 4s, but haven't encountered any snow, and probably won't.
Thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know! Looks like I'll opt for A/S4, like you I really don't need the snow traction of the CC2's. As you say, the buzz is real and it's a little annoying, not super annoying but why live with it if it seldom rains and snows in one's area?