Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vredestein Quatrac Pro vs Michelin PS A/S 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience with both of these tires and can shed some insight on how the comfort/ride quality and noise levels compare? Understand one is a touring tire and the other is a performance, but primarily trying to understand if the Quatrac Pros significantly outperform the PS All Season 4s in regards to comfort and noise (or is it just marginal)

Reactions: cusetownusa
Does anyone have experience with both of these tires and can shed some insight on how the comfort/ride quality and noise levels compare? Understand one is a touring tire and the other is a performance, but primarily trying to understand if the Quatrac Pros significantly outperform the PS All Season 4s in regards to comfort and noise (or is it just marginal)
On 2nd set of Quatrac now on MS....comfort and noise marginal. Tire wear Quatrac 27K Michelin 17K.

I can't comment directly, as I haven't had these tires on the Tesla, but my previous car (Mazda 3) had both of these tires during its lifetime. I greatly preferred how the Vredesteins handled, especially with regards to snow/ice. They were also noticeably quieter than the Michelins.
thanks for the feedback. did you notice the Vredesteins also handled road bumps softer than the Michelins? If so, how big a difference was it if any. any reason you haven’t swapped over on your Tesla

thanks for the feedback. did you notice the Vredesteins also handled road bumps softer than the Michelins? If so, how big a difference was it if any. any reason you haven’t swapped over on your Tesla
From what I recall, the Vredesteins handled potholes and such better than the Michelins, although the Mazda suspension was definitely squishier than Tesla's.

As for why I haven't switched over to them on my Tesla, it's because the stock tires only have ~7000 miles on them and I don't want to throw money at it if I don't need to yet. I'll definitely be switching over to the Vredesteins once it comes time though.

From what I recall, the Vredesteins handled potholes and such better than the Michelins, although the Mazda suspension was definitely squishier than Tesla's.

As for why I haven't switched over to them on my Tesla, it's because the stock tires only have ~7000 miles on them and I don't want to throw money at it if I don't need to yet. I'll definitely be switching over to the Vredesteins once it comes time though.
Awesome, that’s good to know. I will likely go with the Vreds once my Michelins wear out. What size were your tires on the Mazda?

I'd say the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4s are 33.50943% smoother than the OEM Conti ProContacts. Can't compare with the Vredesteins, sorry.

Very pleased with this tire, as I don't really need the more aggressive tread of the Vredestein. Efficiency is gradually improving, now at aroun 299 Wh/mi, vs. 286 Wh/mi on the OEM ProContacts.

Replaced shoes with Vredestein Quatrac Pros. So far so good. No real hit to efficiency. Tires are quiet and a bit softer it seems.

I purchased these from a local tire shop. It appears they sourced them from Tire Rack….which I didn’t know was a thing. Further, their price was actually less than what I would have paid directly to Tire Rack. Saved about $150 when installation is included.

Reactions: jbarnum