Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VS Forged VS08 installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wheels finally came in, VS08 in 19x8.5 frt 19x10 rr

IMG-6629.jpg

MG-2166.jpg

MG-2176.jpg

Nice! I think you’re only the third that I’ve seen on the boards with the VS08. My set took 12 weeks to come in. I ordered 12/28 so maybe the New Years delayed things for me. The wait was well worth it though!

Great wheels! What are the offsets for front and rear? I really like them, but I don't want to get something like this (see on the image attached)

Attachments

• 52CE0896-DC0F-4E7D-9877-61512D26CBF3.jpeg
    52CE0896-DC0F-4E7D-9877-61512D26CBF3.jpeg
    834.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 2019.06.17 12.24.09.jpg
    2019.06.17 12.24.09.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 186
Just got my VS08s in gunmetal through Jason at GetYourWheels. Took about the standard 12 weeks but worth it. I'm really happy with how they turned out. They're 20x9 with Michelin A/S3+ 255/35 R20 so I don't have to worry about driving in cold temps anymore. I expected them to be lighter overall but they came in at 50 lbs even, only 2.2 lbs lighter than my Performance OEM setup, due to the wider wheels and tires.

IMG_20201212_154742.jpg
IMG_20201212_154825.jpg

Just got my VS08s in gunmetal through Jason at GetYourWheels. Took about the standard 12 weeks but worth it. I'm really happy with how they turned out. They're 20x9 with Michelin A/S3+ 255/35 R20 so I don't have to worry about driving in cold temps anymore. I expected them to be lighter overall but they came in at 50 lbs even, only 2.2 lbs lighter than my Performance OEM setup, due to the wider wheels and tires.

View attachment 619324 View attachment 619327

Congrats! Let us know what kind of efficiency you get with these compare to the stock. They are pretty airy I expect them to be worse than the oem.

Congrats! Let us know what kind of efficiency you get with these compare to the stock. They are pretty airy I expect them to be worse than the oem.

With a flush fitment and wider setup efficiency will be lost guaranteed. Even if it's the same design as factory there will be a loss due to the difference in offset, dimension, and tire sizing. This is why road tripping will call for super efficient wheels/tires but DD tires and wheels if you're not commuting super far I say, "Who cares?" Car is still cheap to charge, awesome handling, and fast. Might as well look good while driving daily right?

these took 9 weeks to get.

$575 each

Nice! Good choice. I got the vertini forged VS 14. Slightly more expensive due to their 20in wheel size, but a great value. They seem to be extremely well made. Very durable finish, right on in terms of their specs and offset, and really good value in a forged wheel. The 20 by 10.5 wheel only weighs 22 pounds on the rear of the car. That's pretty remarkable. Did you get this from get your wheels.com?
20201123_113245.jpg

With a flush fitment and wider setup efficiency will be lost guaranteed. Even if it's the same design as factory there will be a loss due to the difference in offset, dimension, and tire sizing. This is why road tripping will call for super efficient wheels/tires but DD tires and wheels if you're not commuting super far I say, "Who cares?" Car is still cheap to charge, awesome handling, and fast. Might as well look good while driving daily right?

What you lose because of increased aerodynamic drag from the wheels you can make up by dropping the car an inch and a half and adding a front splitter.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Status
Not open for further replies.