TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

VSTM Emergency Traction Aid - has anyone used these?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by docherf, Dec 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. docherf

docherf Member

Saw a post about these on jalopnik. Simple design - basically big zip ties with teeth. They look like they could help get me unstuck in a pinch - has anyone used them? There doesn't seem to any info I could find online.

They are so cheap I went ahead and ordered a set.

Screenshot_20161227-222052~2.png

Vstm Emergency Traction Aid for Portable Emergency Traction Aid Anti-slip Chain Vehicle Snow Chains Ice & Snow Traction Cleats for Bad Weather Amazon.com: Vstm Emergency Traction Aid for Portable Emergency Traction Aid Anti-slip Chain Vehicle Snow Chains Ice & Snow Traction Cleats for Bad Weather: Automotive

2. ev-now

ev-now Member

I don't know anything about them - but cheap and traction does not sound like a great combination. My concern, as with cheap chains, would be that they either damage the rims or break and damage the body - both are expensive and worth spending more money on if you believe you need additional traction.

If you use them, make sure you don't accidentally have them in the same aperture as the valve stem.

3. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Supporting Member