Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW’s Ferdinand Piëch Wanted To Buy Tesla In 2013 After Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
The offer was turned down by Elon Musk and talks never ended up being serious. Not long after we found out Tesla was willing to sell out to Apple for $60-billion in 2018, but the tech company’s CEO, Tim Cook, didn’t even want to meet with Elon Musk to discuss it, we have an even older tale to...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2020/12/28/ferdinand-piech-wanted-to-buy-tesla-2013/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

"Piëch told Lutz that he achieved this by assembling Volkswagen's top body engineers in his office and telling them they would all be fired if all of Volkswagen's vehicles didn't have body tolerances of 3 millimeters within six weeks."

I am reposting this on Twitter @Elon_Musk for him to see and apply the same. I am tired of people coming to talk about panel gaps problem on Tesla. My Model 3 has no problem at all but the media are relaying this nonstop

I am reposting this on Twitter @Elon_Musk for him to see and apply the same. I am tired of people coming to talk about panel gaps problem on Tesla. My Model 3 has no problem at all but the media are relaying this nonstop

I cannot find it, but one of the car mags I read (car and driver/road and track/motortrend) did a panel gap comparison. Tesla was in the middle of most automakers .Not the best, not the worst, and if I recall, slightly better than average.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando