Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW eGolf in Hong Kong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first batch of cars for training purposes arrived here. Most probably it will be launched by mid of March with the first deliveries in April. Price expected to be <$400K
Good alternative to the i3 for drivers who prefer a conventional looking EV.

The first batch of cars for training purposes arrived here. Most probably it will be launched by mid of March with the first deliveries in April. Price expected to be <$400K
Good alternative to the i3 for drivers who prefer a conventional looking EV.

Is this a hybrid or a pure EV? The more choice the better (to some extent), especially if it provides a good user experience.

EDIT: Just looked it up - 83 miles rated range, no range extending - so yet another "Leaf clone". Too bad they don't make them at least 200-250 km range, that would make these kind of EVs much more popular.

Last edited:
I think it is a pure EV. They had a test drive event for the Golf EV at airport expo a few years back. It drove like a normal Golf apart from the regenerative braking and it wasn't as "mind blowing" as the MS when I first test drove it. It looks exactly like a normal ICE Golf also. With that price tag, I think they will need to make some serious improvements if they want to sell it in HK like the i3 and the MS. Hope they have done it over the pass few years.