Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW Fallout: $2.0 Billion for ZEV Infrastructure Buildout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More dieselgate fallout
Diesel car sales slump puts thousands of jobs at risk in UK

Diesel car sales slump puts thousands of jobs at risk in UK

"The industry is desperately trying to keep cashflow going to invest in new electric models but there are three things against them in the UK. First, the industry has been lying about emissions; second, there is the diesel sales issue, which is Europe-wide; third, there is Brexit,” Williams said. “The industry is quite desperate. If you put together these problems, I think it’s inevitable that jobs will go.”

Another industry source agreed: “There is a sense of alarm about this issue. People have made fine declarations (about cutting diesel to go electric), but the implementation is going to be painful.”

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
It’s still very early in their first cycle. They have time to work things out.

Meanwhile, Electrek still hasn’t published EA’s planned initial national route map. Here’s the latest version (with Denver actually labeled correctly this time):

D475F90F-B807-4928-9042-7DABD29649F1.png

Last edited:
It’s still very early in their first cycle. They have time to work things out.

Meanwhile, Electrek still hasn’t published EA’s planned initial national route map. Here’s the latest version (with Denver actually labeled correctly this time):

View attachment 276215
Interesting.
Glad they got Denver figured out. But looks like they think nobody lives North of Denver.

It’s still very early in their first cycle. They have time to work things out. Meanwhile, Electrek still hasn’t published EA’s planned initial national route map. Here’s the latest version (with Denver actually labeled correctly this time):

View attachment 276215
Wacky to see that Fresno and Sacramento will be hubs ... the California government influence is bit much:cool:

What are the yellow areas? They are much too large to be metro area boundaries in the cities with which I am familiar.

The yellow area by Fresno appears to be the outline of Fresno County, not the city.

Wacky to see that Fresno and Sacramento will be hubs ... the California government influence is bit much:cool:

Just taking a stab here: As I stated above, the yellow outline is for the County of Fresno. Both Interstate 5 (western Fresno County) and SR99 (central Fresno County and the City of Fresno outright) pass through Fresno County. We are approximately halfway between the Los Angeles area and both the Bay Area and Sacto.

Perhaps it makes some sort of sense to have a bunch of charging stations halfway for the, ahem, anticipated arrival of longer-ranged BEVs besides Tesla.

Or, maybe, this is a trial to see how popular BEVs will be among the lower economic families that are here. If these folks know that there are lots and lots of places to charge their car while working or shopping, they might make the plunge. One of my ag clients said that he would install some charging spots for the public and his employees. He would pay for the juice if someone else paid for the EVSE.

What are the yellow areas? They are much too large to be metro area boundaries in the cities with which I am familiar.
The yellow areas represent the 17 metro areas during the first 2.5 year developmentncycle that will get community-based charging such as 240V L2 at workplaces, public garages, and large apartment complexes. In addition, they will get some mostly 50 kW community-based fast charging plazas possibly with a 150 kW charger or two as well.

The dots outside the yellow areas are highway corridor charging locations that will each have a minimum of 4 150 kW charging spaces and possibly up to 10 in busier areas.

Interesting.
Glad they got Denver figured out. But looks like they think nobody lives North of Denver.
Does anyone live north of Denver? :)

I used to live in western Montana so it’s good to see that get coverage on their initial system map.

Even Tesla had next to no coverage of North Dakota, Iowa, and Arkansas in their equivalent late 2015 map and Tesla still has no coverage in North Dakota or northern Montana even in late 2017.

Does anyone live north of Denver? :)

I used to live in western Montana so it’s good to see that get coverage on their initial system map.

Even Tesla had next to no coverage of North Dakota, Iowa, and Arkansas in their equivalent late 2015 map and Tesla still has no coverage across North Dakota or northern Montana even in late 2017.

FTFY.

Chargers are not cellphone towers.

Electrify America just announced their first series of events to be held in major California cities over the next month, starting this weekend in Torrance. You will be able to sign up and drive multiple different kinds of EV's, including Teslas, and they will have a 350kW DCFC on display...

Not sure how they are advertising this. The Mrs. and I will be attending to see what kind of presentation they will be making. I'll take pictures of the 350kW DCFC too, keeping my distance of course :D

ea1_zpsp7nssr4l.jpg

ea2_zpscjp1hd2p.jpg