Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW ID.4 Free Charging for 3 years! Who wants one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a very early (not quite day 1, but close) MY RWD reservation holder. I reserved the 1st edition of this. My philosophy is that whoever delivers my car first wins mysmy money my current lease is up in Nov. So I'll be without a car till someone makes the EV I want.
Sure, I prefer the Tesla, but I don't care about FSD or acceleration. The superchargers are hands down better, but my current EV has CCS and I get by with it. I've made road trips without too much frustration (takes a lot of planning though) so the ID4 delivers on my bare bones requirements for much less money, but the Tesla is more stylish, American made and has SC, so worth a bit more in my opinion. I'll be happy with either one though.

This reminds me of the BETA vs VHS battle I lived through. I opted for VHS in 1979 mainly because there were more manufactures selling VHS and the T-120 tape meant you could safety record a full movie. Yes BETA was technically superior but in everyday use the VHS specs were more useful to folks.

Reactions: Reeler
Not only VW, but we also have the real inexpensive (cheap) XPENG and NIO on the way and I am sure that we will see these folks using EA at times. As I have previously mentioned, it would be real nice if we could know how many people that were expecting to buy a Tesla have not gone elsewhere and why, Price, Quality, Service? Tesla is no longer #1 EV in Europe and China, will the same happen in the US?

Not only VW, but we also have the real inexpensive (cheap) XPENG and NIO on the way and I am sure that we will see these folks using EA at times. As I have previously mentioned, it would be real nice if we could know how many people that were expecting to buy a Tesla have not gone elsewhere and why, Price, Quality, Service? Tesla is no longer #1 EV in Europe and China, will the same happen in the US?

the 3 row Nio and Rivian look really nice. If Tesla had a car like this for a reasonable price (under $60,000) I would be all over it.

Unfortunately, the model x doesn’t work for us for many reason, big one being the price.

We are looking to buy a Kia Telluride as we like this car a lot, if only there was a EV version of this car available.

Free is of little use when they’re always full due to folks “optimizing” their savings or they’re flat out inoperative.

I wonder if that is partly the point. I've noticed a lot of EA stations are in highly visible locations with a lot of local vehicle traffic. It can't hurt their advertising to have a bunch of ID4s at each one.

the 3 row Nio and Rivian look really nice. If Tesla had a car like this for a reasonable price (under $60,000) I would be all over it.

Unfortunately, the model x doesn’t work for us for many reason, big one being the price.

We are looking to buy a Kia Telluride as we like this car a lot, if only there was a EV version of this car available.

I have been a big supporter of Rivian for years and have a deposit down for their vehicles. But I don't think that the pricing will be much lower than a MX.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I have been a big supporter of Rivian for years and have a deposit down for their vehicles. But I don't think that the pricing will be much lower than a MX.

Good point...unfortunately that probably won't be an option either. Maybe the Nio will make it here and be a decent price (below $60,000).

Wish Tesla would make a more traditional Mid-size 3 row SUV that was more affordable. You would think that with the new battery tech and the economies of scale they would be able to in a couple of years. Just has to be a bit bigger than the Y and have more of an SUV form factor.

Good point...unfortunately that probably won't be an option either. Maybe the Nio will make it here and be a decent price (below $60,000).

Wish Tesla would make a more traditional Mid-size 3 row SUV that was more affordable. You would think that with the new battery tech and the economies of scale they would be able to in a couple of years. Just has to be a bit bigger than the Y and have more of an SUV form factor.

I feel like Musk hinted at this in an investor call within the past few months, but I do not remember the details. I'm sure they were really vague.

I feel like Musk hinted at this in an investor call within the past few months, but I do not remember the details. I'm sure they were really vague.

The mid-size SUV market is huge...you would think they would want a piece of that. The Model X almost fits that description so if they did announce a mid-size 3 row SUV the size of an VW Atlas, Kia Telluride, etc, it would probably crush the Model X sales. Unless they do a complete redesign of the X to compete better in this market...I think they would sell a ton compared to the current Model X sales.

The mid-size SUV market is huge...you would think they would want a piece of that. The Model X almost fits that description so if they did announce a mid-size 3 row SUV the size of an VW Atlas, Kia Telluride, etc, it would probably crush the Model X sales. Unless they do a complete redesign of the X to compete better in this market...I think they would sell a ton compared to the current Model X sales.

I do wonder about their plans for the Model X. Its tends to get left out of discussions of the upcoming S battery refresh, which makes me wonder if there are some thoughts of going in a completely different direction. I think it would make sense to do so, too. As much as I like the X, it has some significant drawbacks and will always be a really expensive machine to build.