Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW ID.4 vs Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

one2many

Aug 16, 2019
germany
OK I know you are saying what does the "one" have to say here.
Well a I hear it the ID.4 is made of hemp, at least you have lots of bong
stories. Yes it is sold out in the US because it has a back seat bong holder,
beer kegs to follow.
If two ETRON's mate well you get an ID.4. They cannot use drones to follow production
because all VW look the same.
It does have a voice interface, good luck with your German.
The one question is does it float?
I hope this answers your questions. What were they?

• Helpful
Reactions: polyphonic54
0h here we go before it descends into cluster... what you are saying is purely speculation. It looks like a decent SUV with a glass roof that does not detach which for some might be a bonus. Its like a snail compared to the model Y. As I think roof on its about 3 seconds quicker 0-60 than the ID4. Computer systems in place well does not match Tesla nor does the charging network and especially the integration of such to get you from A to B as nearly as fast. Slower charging stops add up. The ID4 clearly has better build quality out of the factory but time will tell there. I would still lean towards the Y if I am in an enthusiastic mood but if I want less initial take back issues its the ID4.

Reactions: dhrivnak
The ID4 clearly has better build quality out of the factory

Man you were doing so much better than usual right till then...

To my knowledge a total of 0 people have taken delivery of a factory finished ID.4 making your claim it's better out of the factory largely imaginary at this point.

Especially in light of the ID.3 reviews you've been shown where they go on at some length about subpar build quality.

At least one ID.4 pre-production test drive likewise commented on some obvious cost cutting in interior materials-
2021 Volkswagen ID4 EV Crossover Interior Review

The Volkswagen Atlas, VW's biggest SUV, also suffers from uninspiring plastic on the doors and dash, but in the ID4 the materials feel even less sturdy. Give the window switches a stiff tug and it feels as if they might snap right off.

Reactions: M109Rider