Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW ID3 configurator is live!! Which engine would you like with that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
B783C7A3-6971-418F-A9B5-37804CB380F8.jpeg
What are peoples thoughts?
VW Car Configurator | Volkswagen UK

£29990 - £39290 after grant. Latter is the 336 mile WLTP model available Q1/21

And of course, an electric motor is an engine as it converts electricity into motion.

At £30k the People’s car might be what the masses call ‘affordable’. Good on VW. They just need to settle the UK Dieselgate case and I might consider in future. They settled in Oz, USA, Germany- they need to do the right thing here too.

I keep getting adverts for these guys...

Seems a bit cheap to me

VW ID.3 Leases from the UK's EV experts | WeVee™

I wouldn't be so surprised. Lease companies made a meal from very decent deals given to them by VW only some years back with golf R's (about 33k base price) being driven around with with no deposit down for £250 a month hence some many base spec models in the used market.

I might be wrong, but even on the most expensive (£42K before grant) it seems to want you to pay for a 3 pin charger, and pay again for a type 2 cable, and even pay for mats.

I'll be honest, it feels a bit rich for me, and that's aside from the fact I don't like the plasticky dash surround, nor the rather "boxy" appearance.

That said, I don't think they're aiming at me. It'd be more up my parents street (they have a Golf at the minute), but it's a fair price step up for them.

Reactions: Js1977
I might be wrong, but even on the most expensive (£42K before grant) it seems to want you to pay for a 3 pin charger, and pay again for a type 2 cable, and even pay for mats.

I'll be honest, it feels a bit rich for me, and that's aside from the fact I don't like the plasticky dash surround, nor the rather "boxy" appearance.

That said, I don't think they're aiming at me. It'd be more up my parents street (they have a Golf at the minute), but it's a fair price step up for them.

Agreed. I know some people here would like to have more options from Tesla but sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for. There are mildly saying, a few things that are options on the ID. and If we were to start stripping those options on the Tesla, I dare say that the ID price would seem even more exaggerated.

The credit options also don’t seem to be very transparent as payment plans include a service plan which seems to me more of and indoctrination of the ice age:rolleyes:

Just watched Bjorns latest video walking around the ID4.

He mentioned a couple of times that the larger battery ID3 only permits 4 people to be in the car due to issues with weight.

Anyone know any more about this? Would have thought it would be a maximum weight limit rather than a person limit.