Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW will trample tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am all for EV competition. I do think Tesla needs to step it up in terms of the model 3 backlog, as other car companies are getting in the business and there will soon be direct competition. I would check out other EV sedans that appear to be well backed by the company making them (not a one off, or one that even the dealership workers know nothing about- like chevy was when I leased my Volt- I taught the guy about the Volt, and he just wanted me to get a Malibu). In any event, I thinks it’s ludicrous to believe that VW is interested in EVs given their blatant lying and cashing out while destroying the environment. I would never buy a VW, no matter how great the EV was.

Reactions: Ormond and Icer
VW golf gas diesel or electric is outnumbering any other car manufacturer 5 to one even tesla all models combined.

tesla will be trampled cuz it is a crap company

(subsidiary, how do I delete my account?)
If Tesla was going to be trampled it would have happened by now. Tesla is just getting started. It's exponential growth is going to take the automotive industry by surprise in 50 years.

VW golf gas diesel or electric is outnumbering any other car manufacturer 5 to one even tesla all models combined.

tesla will be trampled cuz it is a crap company

(subsidiary, how do I delete my account?)
Laughing My Ass Off?

Actually precisely what I anticipateded from this crap forum.

(HOW TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT)

Tesla fanatics don't like facts?

Tesla does not know how to mass produce cars

even less, quality cars

Jayz
I own 2 VWs. I read about the scandal one or two years ago. But I never got how they would affect me. still don't.

thanks. (did you think out all of this by yourself? if so, impressed!!!)

Thanks! hopefully this will do the trick.

If so, have fun with your cars and so on !

me to. when i signed up at this forum people like like you were actually what i hoped to get in touch with.
Like a moth drawn to a flame in hell, they eventually get burned. You want to delete your account? I fixed it from my end!

OK lemme give you a perspective from a VW eGolf and Tesla Model S (and soon 3) owner:

SALES: VW only sells eGolf in some states and at about 1/4 of all dealerships. When you go in to buy one, they try to unsell you. They do not understand them and don't want to sell them. Tesla sells wherever they can, and where they cannot... they sell online. They understand and are passionate about EVs.

SERVICE: You can only get VW eGolfs serviced at dealerships that are certified to service them, which is very few. That means the mechanics understand the car. But how often do you get to talk to a mechanic? No, you talk to a service manager. The VW service managers (and parts managers) do not have a clue about the eGolf. Tesla has service centers across the country, and their staff is passionate and knowledgeable about EVs.

SUPPORT: VW had a feature called Car-Net. It provides about the same functionality as the Tesla App. But they charge for it. And, if you ever call for any support or help, they have NO CLUE what an eGolf is. I spent a half hour with a moron on their support line to diagnose a HV battery issue, and they kept going through their ICE scripts telling me I needed to jump the car. I have experienced great support from Tesla. Quick and knowledgeable response every time. I know some others have not. But still better than a brick wall, which is VW (eV).

RESALE, END OF LEASE: I'm coming up on end of lease of my eGolf (which is being replaced by a Model 3 on Tuesday!!!!). VW Credit will of course take it back on the terms of the lease agreement. But they suggested I talk to the the local dealerships (LOL, only 1 66 miles away) to see if their used car dept wants to buy it. So, I have a 3 year old car in perfect condition with 7,000 miles on it. Response: "We don't want no eGolfs". That's verbatim. Tesla will offer to buy your car. You may not like the price, but at least they are in the game.

Sad. Because the eGolf is a very good car. In some ways, I even like better than my Tesla S. But VW has a MASSIVE culture change needed to have a prayer of succeeding with EVs. Much less upsetting Tesla.

Tesla ain't got anything to worry about here!!!

This was posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for future Tesla vehicles. This should have been posted in Cars and Transportation
thanks f
I am all for EV competition. I do think Tesla needs to step it up in terms of the model 3 backlog, as other car companies are getting in the business and there will soon be direct competition. I would check out other EV sedans that appear to be well backed by the company making them (not a one off, or one that even the dealership workers know nothing about- like chevy was when I leased my Volt- I taught the guy about the Volt, and he just wanted me to get a Malibu). In any event, I thinks it’s ludicrous to believe that VW is interested in EVs given their blatant lying and cashing out while destroying the environment. I would never buy a VW, no matter how great the EV was.
VW obviously did some weird things with their diesel engines. But still, VW/VAG are obviously into EVs:
After emissions cheating scandal, Volkswagen steers toward electric vehicles

When the biggest/most popular car maker in the world: List of manufacturers by motor vehicle production - Wikipedia
List of manufacturers by motor vehicle production - Wikipedia

Starts to make EVs, they obviously continue their popularity:
Tøff elbilkamp: Nissan LEAF blir trolig årets folkebil

Even with poor supply/late to market/inferior e-Golf/e-up they match Tesla by sale, in (probably) the most mature EV market p.t.

OK lemme give you a perspective from a VW eGolf and Tesla Model S (and soon 3) owner:

SALES: VW only sells eGolf in some states and at about 1/4 of all dealerships. When you go in to buy one, they try to unsell you. They do not understand them and don't want to sell them. Tesla sells wherever they can, and where they cannot... they sell online. They understand and are passionate about EVs.
I take your word for it. (Assuming you live in a place where ICEs are in general more popular than EV). Where I live, it is the opposite case, EVs and hybrids sell better than ICEs. VW is selling more EVs than Tesla. VW and Tesla both have about 1/5 of the total EV market.

SERVICE: You can only get VW eGolfs serviced at dealerships that are certified to service them, which is very few. That means the mechanics understand the car. But how often do you get to talk to a mechanic? No, you talk to a service manager. The VW service managers (and parts managers) do not have a clue about the eGolf. Tesla has service centers across the country, and their staff is passionate and knowledgeable about EVs.
Where I live Tesla is known to be worst in class on service, (Google translate?):
Tesla møter kritikken – dobler antall ansatte
Bekymring: månedsvis ventetid på servicesentrene

Guarantee? VW best, Tesla worst:
Elbil: Hvem gir deg de beste garantiene? : Forbrukerrådet

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Brando and GSP
2018 Consumer Reports car brand report card.

upload_2018-2-26_19-38-21.png

upload_2018-2-26_19-40-39.png