Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW will trample tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw an Audi E-Tron on the streets in southern Germany.
Looked pretty good and close to production, thumbs up.
DNG_4398.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. I mean, hippies embraced the brand and took it to Woodstock despite its association with Hitler.
Gulf of Tonkin - fake news - killed about 3.2 million Vietnamese according to McNamara and about 53,000 of boomer generation.
Homeless boomer Vets everywhere. And now Vietnam on the Most Favored Nation Trading List. go figure
you can use internet searches to verify for yourself

(every 65 min. a Vet commits suicide - of course many from our continuous Mid-East 7 Nation never ending wars)

So does that mean you're saying we should or shouldn't decide on whether to buy a car based on politics?

Remember that Tesla is a company that got a failing grade from the BBB.
You can use ANY criteria you want.
(can't see how you can tell anyone else what criteria to use, but certainly you can try)

What criteria do people use? seems every detail/feature you can imagine from colors, looks, seat comfort, panel gaps - you get the idea.

If were up to me, no ICE engines ever built more than 4 cylinders - worked for me, most of the rest of the world, but not my fellow Americans.

By the way, what is BBB?

PS- would you consider buying a car from a country that destroyed two cities with atomic bombs? Or did over 2,000 atmospheric atomic bomb tests? Is bombing in over 7 countries around the world? Home to the largest polluting Enterprise the world have ever known - Oil Industry. Killed about 3.2 million Vietnamese for reasons no one can explain to me. Need I go on? How about a country that puts kids into $1,400,000,000 to be allowed to try and get an education? Would you want to support such a country?

Sorry, I should have never mentioned politics. I'm sure I violated some rule of good manners.
Please, let us not continue on such a depressing line of thought.
On with the electrification and solar/wind revolution - can't happen fast enough.

LIke people, good countries do bad things and bad countries do good things. Using a country's actions to determine a company to buy from is not logical considering how international companies have become.
Would you not buy a VW because it's cars are also made in the USA?

I absolutely love that the OP made his account just to post in this thread only complaining about how to delete his account that he just made, then instead of having it deleted he gets banned with all his posts and account still here not deleted.
He made some obnoxious posts in the Model 3 forum first. Then he made this thread to complain about deleting his account.

The thing is, nobody was forcing him to come here. He could have just disappeared, never said a thing more in this board, and nobody would have noticed a thing.

VW Dieselgate observation:
Most people don't really care. If VW made a bad car, people would care, but the cars were good so they will buy VW again.
I don't think that's entirely true: VW owners have been complaining that the performance of their cars is severely degraded, once modifed by VW to meet the relevant emissions standards. Here in the UK, people have been avoiding diesel cars, unsure of how the government may introduce further taxation. The result is plummeting resale values of diesel cars. VW are going to have to rebuild their name.

Reactions: lklundin
With VW, I am used to instant/same day access to service, whenever needed. After owning 2 VWs for 17 years in combine, my needs for services have added up to in total 1 instant assistance after failure of a motor control unit/"black box" + ordinary yearly services.

Whit Tesla; months? Google Translate

One do not have to be a rocket scientist to understand Tesla will be trampled by any modern car company with such sucking customer service.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV
With VW, I am used to instant/same day access to service, whenever needed. After owning 2 VWs for 17 years in combine, my needs for services have added up to in total 1 instant assistance after failure of a motor control unit/"black box" + ordinary yearly services.

Whit Tesla; months? Google Translate

One do not have to be a rocket scientist to understand Tesla will be trampled by any modern car company with such sucking customer service.
I’m impressed, are you married to the car dealer?
I’ve never had same day service from Mercedes, Lexus, Toyota, or Chevy.
I have had same day service from Tesla (just a couple weeks ago).

Perhaps we can’t draw generalized conclusions about a companies service in general from our own personal experiences?

• Love
Reactions: Brando and EinSV
I don't think that's entirely true: VW owners have been complaining that the performance of their cars is severely degraded, once modifed by VW to meet the relevant emissions standards. Here in the UK, people have been avoiding diesel cars, unsure of how the government may introduce further taxation. The result is plummeting resale values of diesel cars. VW are going to have to rebuild their name.

An analyst's prediction from January:
Diesel's dramatic decline forecast to slow in 2018

Analysts said:
"I don't see a drastic reduction in diesel in the next couple of years but a steady decline," said Pietro Boggia, principal consultant at Frost & Sullivan, who is predicting that diesel sales will fall two to three percentage points in 2018.

Al Bedwell, director of global powertrain research at LMC Automotive, expects diesel's market share in 2018 to be just under 42 percent, a decline of three percentage points. "The automakers will need to push diesel sales until 2020 to meet their CO2 targets. The curve is flattening a little bit," he said.

From a market-share high of 55 percent in 2011 (versus 43 percent gasoline), diesel penetration in the 27 European countries tracked by JATO Dynamics has fallen to 44 percent through October -- the lowest share since 2003. The decline has been especially steep in the last year, falling five percentage points, according to JATO.

The reality:
https://www.acea.be/uploads/press_releases_files/20180503_Fuel_type_Q1_2018_FINAL.pdf

ACEA said:
In the first quarter of 2018 , 37.9% of all new passenger cars in the EU ran on diesel. Petrol cars accounted for 55.5% of the market, making it the most sold fuel type. Alternatively ‐ powered vehicles accounted for 6.5% of EU car sales in Q1 2018, with electrically-chargeable vehicles making up 1.7% of all cars sold.

Petrol and diesel cars
Registrations of diesel cars totalled 1,574,333 units in the first quarter of the year; 322,622 units (or 17.0%) less than during the same period in 2017. This drop in demand for diesel vehicles was largely offset by an increase in petrol sales. Demand for new petrol cars grew significantly (+14.6%) from January to March 2018, with petrol sales totalling 2,303,129 units – roughly 300,000 more than last year.

There's been an 11% fall in market share in 6 years and the share this year is continuing to fall rapidly.
Take a look at pages 9 and 10 to see what's happened. In one year _Italy_ has become the biggest diesel market.
What were the number 1 and 2 markets have seen drops of greater than 20%, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 are all double-digit percentage fall in sales, while gasoline vehicle sales have grown.

The market trend for diesel has been downwards since about 2003, and Dieselgate has just cemented the switch back to gasoline, accelerating the decline . People will forgive VW, but if they're not buying diesels as much, they will have a lot more market choice.

The market trend for diesel has been downwards since about 2003, and Dieselgate has just cemented the switch back to gasoline, accelerating the decline . People will forgive VW, but if they're not buying diesels as much, they will have a lot more market choice.
I had to sell a diesel car earlier this year - I saw it decline in value quite rapidly. Here in the UK, the whole effect has been intensified by the government first favouring diesels but then increasing taxes on diesel fuel and diesel cars successively.

Thanks! hopefully this will do the trick.

If so, have fun with your cars and so on !
We ARE having fun with our cars and at least I have been driving emission free for 8 years with Tesla. I know from personal experience they are for real. That said I have tried twice to get local VW dealers to bring a plugin to a National Drive Electric event and surprise not only do they not have any plugins on their lot there are none in the entire south east region. I guess that is why Tesla has outsold VW plug-ins 100 to 1 this year. Just double check InsideEVs.

I’m impressed, are you married to the car dealer?
I’ve never had same day service from Mercedes, Lexus, Toyota, or Chevy.
I have had same day service from Tesla (just a couple weeks ago).

Perhaps we can’t draw generalized conclusions about a companies service in general from our own personal experiences?
Fyi, I was just passing facts with reference to the quoted article. The waiting time for service for a Tesla in Norway is up 9 months. Google Translate
You can decide for yourself if you think that is a ok servicelevel or not.