Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounded like special interest lobbiests advocating for cycling and other forms of alternative transportation influenced the vote with their testimony. Basically don’t take it from our funding source. Take it from the general fund.

Yeah I watched it and that’s what it sounds like to me too. Hopefully they can find the funding. I totally get the need for mass transit but man sound transit just got a ton of money and it’s gonna take for ever to see results.

Also, some people bike to work but I’m pretty sure we’ve seen several biking to work trials go largely unused.

Also, what happens next? Hobbs said hopefully we can work on it and find another funding source but what does that mean? In the next month? What is the “deadline” for this year’s laws to be proposed/accepted? Clearly I know almost nothing about government. Yikes that’s not good!

This is the "short" 60 day legislative session. It is scheduled to end on 3/8. It doesn't look good for this bill.
Looks like there will be a hole this time as well, just like there was last time. A gap between the earlier tax exemption and the new one. If it doesn't pass in next 2 days, this may force me to order 3 as soon as I get the invite (hopefully sometime this month).

Looks like there will be a hole this time as well, just like there was last time. A gap between the earlier tax exemption and the new one. If it doesn't pass in next 2 days, this may force me to order 3 as soon as I get the invite (hopefully sometime this month).

Yeah I messed up and waited to reserve until last month. At best, I can probably get a $3750-$7500 rebate late this year/early next year. And that’s only if I spring for LR first production. If I wait for SR I will be lucky to get the $1875 federal.

Yeah I messed up and waited to reserve until last month. At best, I can probably get a $3750-$7500 rebate late this year/early next year. And that’s only if I spring for LR first production. If I wait for SR I will be lucky to get the $1875 federal.

Actually I think this discussion is about the WA state sales tax exemption for the first 7500 EVs (first $32k of the price) sold since last summer (includes the model 3).

I think you're talking about the $7500 federal tax credit. The full credit should be available until Q3 of this year at least (maybe even Q4 since Tesla is delaying model S and X deliveries) but we'll see.

I held my place in line for AWD.
Now I’m thinking of configuring today.
Assuming dual motor is 5k. That’s ~8k+ with the loss of the 32k sales tax exemption.
Or did I wait too long?
Delivery 3-6 weeks.
Does the exemption phase out or at least continue for a period when the 7500 limit is achieved?
If I’m going to miss out on the exemption either way, I’d just assume wait for AWD.

I held my place in line for AWD.
Now I’m thinking of configuring today.
Assuming dual motor is 5k. That’s ~8k+ with the loss of the 32k sales tax exemption.
Or did I wait too long?
Delivery 3-6 weeks.
Does the exemption phase out or at least continue for a period when the 7500 limit is achieved?
If I’m going to miss out on the exemption either way, I’d just assume wait for AWD.

My understanding would be we are likely looking at either last day of May or June being the cutoff. My bet would be June, but don't hold me to it!

Actually I think this discussion is about the WA state sales tax exemption for the first 7500 EVs (first $32k of the price) sold since last summer (includes the model 3).

I think you're talking about the $7500 federal tax credit. The full credit should be available until Q3 of this year at least (maybe even Q4 since Tesla is delaying model S and X deliveries) but we'll see.

Oh yes. Sorry to confuse others. I was talking about overal potential incentives for my purchase. I will not be able to get the sales tax exemption for WA if this bill is dead.

It goes 1 more month after the 7500 limit is notified.

WA State EV Sales Tax Exemption Updated

Does anyone know what the current number is - that must have been reported yesterday ?
That’s embarrassing. You linked a response to a question I asked in early January. Looks like early signs of what my Father refers to as “Sometimers”

• Funny
Reactions: Kipp