Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WA State government rebates - Model Y RWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

I’ve lodged a query with Tesla but I’m wondering if anyone here has an insight they can share.

In WA the state government offers a rebate for EV vehicles (after purchase), if the Dutiable Value is less than $70,000 (inclusive of GST).

The Tesla Model Y rear wheel drive price is $68,900, plus delivery fee ($1,400), plus an order fee ($350). $70,650 in total.

I’ve confirmed with the WA Department of Transport that when the delivery fee is a fixed charge (non-negotiable), set by the manufacturer, it’s included in the Dutiable Value (totalling $70,300).

In this case, buyers in WA aren’t eligible for the WA state government rebate.

However, if the delivery fee is charged by the dealership (traditionally negotiable), the delivery fee is NOT included in the Dutiable Value.

Under this scenario, the Dutiable Value would be $68,900 being under the $70,000 threshold & buyers will be eligible for the $3,500 rebate.

At this stage, I’m assuming the delivery fee is set by the manufacturer, so the Dutiable Value is $70,300.

For the sake of $301, buyers of Model Y rear wheel drive cars in WA won’t be eligible for the $3,500 state government rebate.