Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waaaah! I don't have 8.0 yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It should join your wifi automatically. No need to select it each time.

It should, and it used to, but I noticed yesterday that it wasn't. So I checked the router, then re-did the password, which reset the lease, and then it connected. When I parked tonight, it was looking for the router, but after watching it search for 15 sec (impatience is now one of my virtues), I manually selected it and it took another 15 secs but it did connect.

I also noted your post about geo-fencing and open tickets...I have a service appt on the 5th, so worst case I should get it then. Maybe I will have them check out my WiFi components to see if there is an issue?

No update here either. I am on wifi in the garage. Always received other updates that way too. Hopefully soon. All these people with 8.0 posts are making me excited (minus the no Slacker and the loss of amps/volts from the charging screen).

Thanks Erik

Tesla apparently changed the update process to require a repair order to be open at the SC. Apparently being inside the geofence is no longer adequate. :(

Alas, I spoke with a friend who works at the local Tesla service department and he confirmed that an open ticket is now required. I guess Tesla either caught on to what owners were doing or just got tired of people parking outside their service centers at midnight. :)

BTW, the activity light on my modem started flashing crazily earlier tonight at a couple of minutes after midnight (Sunday night). Got so excited I actually shot video that I won't bore y'all with. Then it stopped (bummer) and started (yea) and kept doing that off and on thing for a while.

Then at 1:01 am (MDT) my iPhone lit up and displayed "Tesla Software update is available". So I hurried to the garage and started the magic.

Weird thing is, as the magic is happening in the car the modem's activity light is doing the on again off again thing again. The car is the only thing hooked to the modem so it must be the car but I didn't think that car needed to be online to do the installation. Guess it does.

Alas, I spoke with a friend who works at the local Tesla service department and he confirmed that an open ticket is now required. I guess Tesla either caught on to what owners were doing or just got tired of people parking outside their service centers at midnight. :)

BTW, the activity light on my modem started flashing crazily earlier tonight at a couple of minutes after midnight (Sunday night). Got so excited I actually shot video that I won't bore y'all with. Then it stopped (bummer) and started (yea) and kept doing that off and on thing for a while.

Then at 1:01 am (MDT) my iPhone lit up and displayed "Tesla Software update is available". So I hurried to the garage and started the magic.

Weird thing is, as the magic is happening in the car the modem's activity light is doing the on again off again thing again. The car is the only thing hooked to the modem so it must be the car but I didn't think that car needed to be online to do the installation. Guess it does.
Couldn't that just be caused by it rebooting during install, so disconnecting and reconnecting to wifi?

I'm in the middle of nowhere, between cornfields. I really hoped to get 8.0 before our long trip home

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160926-055225.png
    Screenshot_20160926-055225.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
Success. Received notification this morning, and just finished updating. Guessing resetting WiFi to ensure connectivity is what enabled this. Good luck to everyone else. If you get desperate, you can schedule a service appt - though I realize that would likely be several weeks to a month out. At least it would provide a date certain..

Success. Received notification this morning, and just finished updating. Guessing resetting WiFi to ensure connectivity is what enabled this. Good luck to everyone else. If you get desperate, you can schedule a service appt - though I realize that would likely be several weeks to a month out. At least it would provide a date certain..

I updated the tracker before I posted.

Received update this morning on the east coast in my P045xx vin S85. Install was quick and just opened a ticket with tesla service as my Tunein doesn't work and media favorites disappeared.

I was hopeful that Tesla would have updated the graphics on the instrument cluster similar to AP cars.