Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waaaah! I don't have 8.0 yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I know rollout of 8.0 could take a few weeks. And I know that in another month I won't care if I got 8.0 last Thursday morning or a week from Tuesday. But in the meantime I reserve the right to stomp my feel, hold my breath until I turn blue, and complain that others have gotten 8.0 before me.

So, if you haven't yet received 8.0, please have your tantrum in this thread. That way I won't feel so alone. (And we won't be filling the other threads with so much noise.)

I'm seeing various minor issues over on the corporate website forums, mostly LTE and Bluetooth, so I'm not completely excited about it.

It's like Christmas and also not at all, as you know when the presents get opened for one of them. These are seemingly being hand-built based on chipsets, options, etc. and continuous improvement has made for a lot of different variants.

If history is a judge, losing 3G or Bluetooth won't be for a few days but it could be weeks until they get around to the bug.

Since I'm pretty close to a Tesla store and a Tesla service center I've tried the geo-fencing thing twice at both locations. No luck.

Funny but when the last two major updates happened I got them within a few hours of being released. I guess because of that the Mother Ship has pushed me further back in the queue this time. :)

I had a notification from the Tesla app that a software update was available for my Model S yesterday morning but went to the car and it was not giving the usual option for download. Strange, never had that happen before, and still waiting...

Once you get notification that the update is available, it has already been downloaded. They call this "staged" for installation.

But -- I would say that the fact that the yellow clock wasn't available for you to start the installation implies that Tesla either pulled it or something else fishy. Have you tried the two-button reboot of the 17"?

I had a notification from the Tesla app that a software update was available for my Model S yesterday morning but went to the car and it was not giving the usual option for download. Strange, never had that happen before, and still waiting...

I bet you were a lucky .106'er and they pulled it, but your number hasn't come up for .108 yet.

I'd contribute more to this thread since I don't yet have 8.0 but won't since I can't find the depressed, crying emoticon.

• Funny
Reactions: jbcarioca
I have Autopilot, but no Tech Package (so no turn by turn navigation). It will be interesting to see if I still get the automatic expressway exit capability.

I didn't realize that was possible. My no doubt imperfect recollection is that Autopilot started out as part of the Tech Package (as was the case when I ordered my car in December 2014) and then Tesla did away with the Tech Package, made navigation a default feature, split out Autopilot into its own thing, and rolled other Tech Package features into other options. Did I miss some brief in between period?

I didn't realize that was possible. My no doubt imperfect recollection is that Autopilot started out as part of the Tech Package (as was the case when I ordered my car in December 2014) and then Tesla did away with the Tech Package, made navigation a default feature, split out Autopilot into its own thing, and rolled other Tech Package features into other options. Did I miss some brief in between period?
My December 2014 build S60 came standard with all of the AP sensors, but was ordered without the Tech Package option. As such, I have Google Maps, but no turn by turn navigation. The Autopilot functionality was paid for and turned on later in the cars life.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
After I read that downloads were being prioritized to go first on WiFi connected cars, I went and checked to see if my car was connecting to our WiFi. It wasn't; the signal is a lot weaker in the the garage than in the house. So, I played around with the router a bit and renewed the lease from the car to the WiFi network, and then got it to connect. Now I'm manually selecting the WiFi network whenever I park the car... And hoping.

Since I'm pretty close to a Tesla store and a Tesla service center I've tried the geo-fencing thing twice at both locations. No luck.

Funny but when the last two major updates happened I got them within a few hours of being released. I guess because of that the Mother Ship has pushed me further back in the queue this time. :)

Tesla apparently changed the update process to require a repair order to be open at the SC. Apparently being inside the geofence is no longer adequate. :(

Still waiting. This is going to be me at work all this week:

giphy.gif

After I read that downloads were being prioritized to go first on WiFi connected cars, I went and checked to see if my car was connecting to our WiFi. It wasn't; the signal is a lot weaker in the the garage than in the house. So, I played around with the router a bit and renewed the lease from the car to the WiFi network, and then got it to connect. Now I'm manually selecting the WiFi network whenever I park the car... And hoping.

It should join your wifi automatically. No need to select it each time.