TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Waco Supercharger - Food/Dinner beyond Collin Street Bakery

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Pipcecil, May 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pipcecil

Pipcecil Member

This Friday I am visiting my parents in Austin and will need to supercharge at waco (first time). Unfortunately we will be arriving after Collin Street Bakery is closed (so sad, I have never eaten at one). The tesla map doesn't mention much around the supercharger though. I was just curious if yall have found some places to eat within walking distance. Also, if we can't walk anywhere and pick up something, are there outside places to relax/sit down to eat (versus eating in the car)?

2. Ryan Webb

Ryan Webb Member

I've walked to the Denny's a few times, although I wouldn't recommend your entire group do it. I will usually drop the family off at the Denny's and go to the SC myself, walking back. There's not a good (safe) route however. You can walk on the shoulder of the I35 access road, or on the shoulder of the street on the back side of CSB (which is what I do). The shoulder is narrow in a few spots and you're almost right on the road. At night - maybe not such a good idea. You can't walk straight across from the hotel to the Dennys as there is a culvert in between.

• Helpful x 1
  3. Pipcecil

Pipcecil Member

yea I see that on the aerial - that's unfortunate that there is no sidewalks around. Luckily it's just myself and my wife so walking longer isn't as a big deal - its just not ideal without sidewalks. On a side note, I am quite surprised at the Bakery's scant hours. I have driven down to Austin (or Houston) tons of times and always saw signs for it and I always figured since they are hitting up the traveling public so hard they would have evening hours. I was disappointed they didn't really have any. The Mexican place Jarritos looks decent and a bit closer. Hmmm... I was hoping for quicker food versus a long sit down but I may not have much of a choice.

4. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

Ditto here. Have not visited Waco SC yet, but as for the Corsicana CSB... they are serious about 8PM doors closed. Can't duck in at 8:02 to use the potty, ask me how I know!

5. Ryan Webb

Ryan Webb Member

Yeah, we're surprised at the CSB hours too, been there several times after hours. It's a great place too, too bad you'll miss out. Jarritos looks good, never seen that before - will have to try it the next time I'm there and CSB is closed!

6. KidDoc

KidDoc Supporting Member

This is what my wife has come to term a "Tesla hike"

• Like x 1
  7. Boourns

Boourns Member

There's a giant HEB just north across Waco Drive. Not sure if it's the kind of HEB with the cafe inside, but at the very least they'd have pre-prepared sandwiches and other things. Google maps says it's about a half mile walk.

8. geoffreak

geoffreak Model 3 Reservation Holder

I would recommend grabbing some fast food at one of the many restaurants a couple miles south and eating in the car. I hope the other Waco supercharger Tesla is building will be closer to Baylor and all the restaurants.

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

There is no "other" Waco supercharger. The pins for expansion are located on the city, not the exact location.

10. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

While I agree that the Waco "pin" is for an expansion of the existing supercharging station, do we know that? I've been a bit out of touch, lately, so I really am just asking.

• Like x 1
  11. TMC Bubba

TMC Bubba Member

I think we would agree that the pins do not indicate precise locations of planned chargers, but rather cities being targeted by Tesla. The precise locations are all TBD until the permit is signed.