Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hidden vin appeared on the 19th of October. Haven’t heard anything from Tesla. Emailed them and they said don’t worry we will invoice you closer to delivery, make sure your finance is approved.... I might hassle them again in a week or two. I’d like my invoice!!

Had a call from Peppers Finance today and after seeing all the posts on here I checked the page source on my account and a hidden VIN has appeared!

Model 3 Performance (White on Black)
No prior reservation
Ordered 30/8/2019
VIN assigned 6/11/2019 (9.5 weeks later)
VIN# 5YJ3F7EC8LF4886xx

From what people are saying, this looks like a 2020 delivery? I was originally told Oct when I ordered in Aug, but that got pushed out til Feb. So maybe that's accurate?

BTW - still looking to trade my P+ for P- if anyone has one...?

For those quoting vins, please make sure you quote four of the last 6 digitis. Some pepople are not comfortable sharing all 6 and that’s ok.

The first 4 digits of the last 6 will help identify ships and build dates as time goes by over the next 6 weeks.
Just a note on VINs. I work in the motoring industry and we do not consider VINs personal information. Anyone can look up the VIN for any car that they see registered, they can also numerically generate all of the VINs in a range.

There are no public services that will get your personal details from a VIN, so redacting them is completely pointless :)

Last edited:
Just a note on VINs. I work in the motoring industry and we do not consider VINs personal information. Anyone can look up the VIN for any car that they see registered, they can also numerically generate all of the VINs in a range.

There are no public services that will get your personal details from a VIN, so redacting them is completely pointless :)

Agreed from the motoring industry perspective. On its own it, it conveys no private information. The vin is also displayed on the windscreen. And some states make vin information readily available, or via a paid service.

Not everyone shares the same view - coming from privacy angle. It is easy from the vin to get the rego, and this could be combined with other information to breach personal security with what people share online. Also why regos are blurred in photos. There is also vin cloning - don’t want to derail the thread, but worth googling.

I’ve decided to respect those privacy opinions, just easier to stick with vin ranges, and the tracking spreadsheets out there are doing the same thing.

No VIN.
I'm sad.

Its just the worst when everyone seems to be getting a VIN except you, anyone else sharing my misery?

Yes, I’m seeing people that ordered not much before me with identical configuration (P+ blue with white interior) no reservation (I am an extremely early reservation holder) and not an existing Tesla owners (I currently own an S and X) getting cars allocated to them before me....I’ve moved from disappointed to angry....no proactive communication (only delayed and reactive communication) with an apology that my estimated order will be 200-300% wrong....

Reactions: WoodWombat
Yes, I’m seeing people that ordered not much before me with identical configuration (P+ blue with white interior) no reservation (I am an extremely early reservation holder) and not an existing Tesla owners (I currently own an S and X) getting cars allocated to them before me....I’ve moved from disappointed to angry....no proactive communication (only delayed and reactive communication) with an apology that my estimated order will be 200-300% wrong....
Purely from my observations there seems to be a lack of Blue P+ with White interiors being delivered? The more "standard" colours seem to be getting through.

Reactions: DavidRL
Purely from my observations there seems to be a lack of Blue P+ with White interiors being delivered? The more "standard" colours seem to be getting through.

I know of 3 in just the last week, however as I have requested to Tesla to then change me to any colour with even a black interior if I can get faster... simply not on to make an estimate and then be 200-300% wrong....I feel this will be the last Tesla I will own unless there is a massive turn around, sick of their service (or lack of it, being grossly understaffed) the stupid and easily avoidable “Tesla time”....very disappointed

I know of 3 in just the last week, however as I have requested to Tesla to then change me to any colour with even a black interior if I can get faster... simply not on to make an estimate and then be 200-300% wrong....I feel this will be the last Tesla I will own unless there is a massive turn around, sick of their service (or lack of it, being grossly understaffed) the stupid and easily avoidable “Tesla time”....very disappointed
Ah OK, there goes that theory then!

5204xx vins range coming through now are white seats

5204xx vins range coming through now are white seats

yep, and still no allocated VIN (hidden or otherwise for me) which means if something doesn’t happen rapidly I’ll be not getting until Jan/Feb which means 90 days late (or over a 150 days wait from order to delivery for what was meant to be a priority customer, what a lot of pure you know what that is)....

yep, and still no allocated VIN (hidden or otherwise for me) which means if something doesn’t happen rapidly I’ll be not getting until Jan/Feb which means 90 days late (or over a 150 days wait from order to delivery for what was meant to be a priority customer, what a lot of pure you know what that is)....
What date did you convert your reservation to an order? Perhaps they are prioritising order date over reservation date?
But being Tesla, the answer is probably they use a random number generator!

What date did you convert your reservation to an order? Perhaps they are prioritising order date over reservation date?
But being Tesla, the answer is probably they use a random number generator!

3 weeks after you, however what's the point of having a near day 1 reservation and being an existing owner and being told one gets priority if one does "not" get priority? Actually I can see the reason, for Tesla to move cars, however in Australia that is false and misleading conduct....

Last edited: