Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the call and email from Melbourne delivery. They estimated mid/late March delivery for my white sr+ (ordered late nov). Anyone else getting similar estimates or earlier/later?

It will depend on the ship, but seems plausible from what I know if it is Ship 2. Order date doesn’t matter at this point - Just what car you are matched to. From the vin it is possible to trace it all.

So I've got a relatively new order (December 4th) of the most basic of SR+ versions, but for delivery to Tasmania - Everything will allegedly be delivered in February which does make sense given small market and incoming shipments though suspect a delay getting it to Hobart (and 1 Sydney rep made it sound like the basic models might not be available till April), but thought I'd track progress here for those interested in non-reservation order and delivery to Tasmania...
My turn to have been contacted by Telsa (in Melbourne) with the update that VIN is assigned for my order and delivery is (worse case) end of April...Guessing they must wait for the whole quarter of Tassie Tesla's to arrive before they send them down.

My turn to have been contacted by Telsa (in Melbourne) with the update that VIN is assigned for my order and delivery is (worse case) end of April...Guessing they must wait for the whole quarter of Tassie Tesla's to arrive before they send them down.

Yes. It will likely be April for Tasmania. There are logistical issues getting it across Bass Strait. They do wait for the cars to be in a big enough batch. The last 2 quarters deliveries occurred quite some time after the end of quarter. The cars go to Devonport.

I know people from Canberra can take their plates to Sydney, Tesla fits them, and the owner drives back. It saves heaps of time. Is this a possibility for Tasmania, and pickup from Melbourne? It would save many weeks.

Just an update on my story, Pepper called me yesterday, took my details and application over the phone. Was approved today, VIN was assigned to my account after the approval email and I then got on Vedas tracking patreon where he sent me this info.

Here is the breakdown. You car was built probably about Jan 18-21. It was packed into container Jan 22. It arrived in Oakland from Fremont Jan 23 13.24 with 3 other SR+. The shipping paperwork was completed on Jan 23. It was loaded on to ship Jan 26 17.11 It departed Oakland on Jan 26 19.18 on Kota Ekspres. This is good with a late load. It means you are higher on the ship - off earlier. The ship is on its way. The ship is currently moored at Long Beach anchorage carrying out resupply, crew rotation and routine maintenance until Feb 9. It will pick up more Teslas at Long Beach at this time. It will then depart for Auckland. It will arrive in Sydney Feb 28 scheduled at 2pm. It will have cleared Botany Bay customs by Mar 2. It will then be transported 58km to Autonexus, Erskine Park, western Sydney for logistics, where it would be placed into a processing queue. The first cars would be clearing the facility 5 days later about Mar 7. The end of the queue could be another week - Mar 14. The main vehicle transporter is Carways - transport is between Mar 8-15. Once it arrives at Tesla Sydney, the cars will then be in a queue again for final detailing and charge. The cars can be there anywhere up to a day to a week depending on the delivery day and time. A delivery date between Mar 8-15 would be a reasonable estimate. If there are any car issues this will add a delay. Pressure is on Tesla to deliver before end of quarter to meet guidance targets. There are quite a few variables.

Pretty amazing the info they can get, it is amazing the rebound from Macquarie wanting nothing to do with me back in Jan to Pepper saying yep and all this info on the same date.

tl:dr Pepper was easy to deal with, Veda provided amazing insight, I am happy again

VIN was assigned to my account after the approval email and I then got on Vedas tracking patreon where he sent me this info....
And @Vedaprime is not happy that you posted that info. @Vedaprime has transitioned to a paid service given the time & effort it takes to get the insight and information he/she has. Pretty poor form to take that and plaster it on the internet. @Vedaprime would be justified to cease providing the service if this sort of stuff happens again.

@Vostok I think you will find that Veda actually rated my post. If he wants me to take it down then I will talk to the mods but I think this is a positive post showing the level of detail, not sure what information this gives as its for my car, no one knows what ship their car is on without paying.
Fair enough, I didn’t see that. @Vedaprime’s post in the other thread was ambiguous, I read it as displeasure.

Reactions: TheArtieChoke
And @Vedaprime is not happy that you posted that info. @Vedaprime has transitioned to a paid service given the time & effort it takes to get the insight and information he/she has. Pretty poor form to take that and plaster it on the internet. @Vedaprime would be justified to cease providing the service if this sort of stuff happens again.

I’m all good with content on display. Its a good example of just how much data I have acquired. The general reaction has been people have been very surprised how far my tentacles have reached.

It really has been months of data gathering and fitting the pieces together.

I do have to curtail what i can say to keep within the rules, and sometimes that means saying less.

I have been amassing data now for quite some time. I still have to gather more. It won’t be long before I can present data to the whole community. It is going to surprise many the Australia and New Zealand data. Some of you may have noticed incoming ship data is next level where I can breakdown the variants. I am going back through the data for the first model 3 ships.

One of the side effects of gathering data has been I have got a sense of global container ships not just Australia and New Zealand

Last edited:
Yep. Ordered late Dec. LR.

It really does depend the ship it is on - Early March for Ship 1, end of March 4 ship.
And which ship, depends what went down the production line. They are done in batches. Not every variant is built each week, so order date doesn’t mean too much

vins were being assigned today across multiple ships. Some departed oakland and some long beach. Some vins were assigned on a ship that just left port today!