Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really good news, this happens when they end up with a surplus vehicle due to a sale falling through or the car not matching any current orders, so to move it on they offer it to a LR AWD order holder. So good for that individual but doesn’t help the overall situation.

Possibly, but by "A couple of weeks" I'm assuming it's just one coming in the next batch, not a fallen through order, and that they're just not bothering actually manufacturing RHD LR AWD.

The other option is that they've just figured out that they ran out of the silver rims and changed the order page just as vehicles that have been already made are on their way. The ship tracker shows a ship arriving every week between now and the end of the year.

Look, I'm clutching at straws for you all, okay? ;)

In terms of delivery timing I can confirm Reservation holders absolutely take priority over general order holders. The delay so far will be due to the cars that have physically arrived on shore.
As we are batch building vehicles we have been getting shipments with higher volumes of particular configurations. We haven't received as many vehicles matching your specific configuration yet which means they are still on their way.
As soon as your vehicle arrives and is assigned we will reach out to finalise your delivery.

Well there it is, no one without a reservation has jumped the queue and received my spec car before me yet. Yeah right.

It’s encouraging to start seeing some VIN’s appear. I just hope more of you guys get them assigned ASAP as that translates to me moving up the list. Honestly at this stage I’d be surprised to see anything this side of mid January. So only 6 moths past their August estimate - lol, how is that acceptable.

324119B6-69CB-4E72-9152-B96B6206525A.jpeg
78D654CD-75CF-4C30-A0AB-4C3269E26DEF.png
Since the P3D now comes included with grey wheels does that mean all those who ordered P3D will have grey wheels?

I ordered 7-8 weeks ago (first day reservation holder and currently have an S and X) and got quoted late October arrival (yeah right!) however the silver lining maybe be the inclusion of the latest changes which includes the grey wheels (or should I say gray). Not only the image has updated in my Tesla account but also the wording specifically stating the grey wheels.

Just checked this morning and I have a VIN! Wasn't there last night...

5YJ3F7EC2LF4624XX
P3D+ Red/Black Interior
No FSD
Pickup from Alexandria
Res 24/4/16, Order 3/7/19

The VIN submission form says it doesn't match the range of a Model 3