Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The TESLA salesperson here told me they didn’t think we would see any LR AWD’s in NZ before the end of the year. I took the swap, they said ‘we will be willing to give you the P3- for the same price’, as far as I am aware the P3- and the LR AWD are effectively the same car.

TESLA confirmed to me the Batteries are the same and it would appear the only difference is the tested motors for the Perf models which allows them to software unlock the quicker acceleration times. The advertised ranges in NZ between the LR AWD and the P3- were different but oddly in the USA they are advertised as the same.

So all in all it feels to me that I am getting the same physical car with a few minor software tweaks, I don’t see the P3- as an upgrade, it just gets me into a car in a couple of weeks versus ‘god knows when’.

Unbelievable... after 3 months of abuse, my F5 key has finally yielded a result:
5YJ3F7EC3LF4617XX

That looks like a surprisingly early range. What does it mean @Vedaprime ?

P+ MSM / Black. Res: 5/4/16. Order: 4/6/19.

This range is a second production day for this range.

you have the new vins The C means Performance Motor- that’s a new designation for 2020. And the year in your vin is 2020.

This is a new development. I am still assessing these 2020 vins.

you will get your car in about 4 weeks unless there are issues. All cars recently with recent vins have been Debussy arrived Oct 5 with a late August build. These might be September builds and on a later ship. Just need to cross check data globally. Give me a few days. More hidden vins will pop up.

• Informative
Reactions: hoskerism
This range is a second production day for this range.

you have the new vins The C means Performance Motor- that’s a new designation for 2020. And the year in your vin is 2020.

This is a new development. I am still assessing these 2020 vins.

you will get your car in about 4 weeks unless there are issues. All cars recently with recent vins have been Debussy arrived Oct 5 with a late August build. These might be September builds and on a later ship. Just need to cross check data globally. Give me a few days. More hidden vins will pop up.

How do I check for this hidden VIN sorry?

The ranges don't mean much anymore because the L means its the 2020 model year, which basically lets Tesla reset the counter. So they could be producing anything basically.

Wonder if they have vin range subsets that they pick from each year

Tesla have not reset the counter yet since Model 3 production started. They could but haven’t. These vin ranges match earlier build days. These are second production days of the ranges.

Yes, it means you haven’t been matched with a vehicle yet. No one really knows what that means I.e when/where the VIN’s are assigned. If you have no VIN though then a ‘late October’ delivery would be highly unlikely.

Well that mighty sucks given I am a first day reservation holder, own 2x Tesla's, have many referrals under my belt (with gifts galore from Tesla) and was advertised a Late October delivery when ordered.....

Long time lurker here.

so got a call Friday about my July LR AWD no reservation. Offering switch to P- accepted and updated on order page and finally got a vin as well same day. (Was told no LR AWD this year.)
5YJ3F7EB4KF4xxxxx hope this info helps with people waiting.

Nice info.. it may be that the early LR AWD orders like yours might get the call and there are a few P- available, and that the later ones just have to wait.. a bit of speculation that the batteries are the main hold up in production - wonder if any batteries have been diverted to China --- the wait appears to be all over - in the USA as well.. a bit longer for us the shipping adds a bit of time.. would hope that any remaining P - offers are given to the ones who ordered the earliest.. and congrats to those who have received the P- .. .enjoy !