Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aaarrrgh

I finally had a phone call from Tesla (first in the whole process), and yes I was offered a Stealth over my white LR AWD. YES!

BUT, only in black, which would be $1500 extra, plus the $2000 from the price rise, and then whatever additional LCT that attracts... delivery in about 4 weeks.

It’s the call I was hoping for, but I’m a bit disappointed at the downsides... I don’t really want a black car, and then to have to pay extra for it is a bit much to swallow.

What do you all think? Should I take the black one? It’s going to be another $4k over what was already by far and away the most expensive car I have ever bought, and the difference is really just the acceleration number and delivery 2-4 weeks earlier than she said they are expecting the LR AWDs.

Aaarrrgh

I finally had a phone call from Tesla (first in the whole process), and yes I was offered a Stealth over my white LR AWD. YES!

BUT, only in black, which would be $1500 extra, plus the $2000 from the price rise, and then whatever additional LCT that attracts... delivery in about 4 weeks.

It’s the call I was hoping for, but I’m a bit disappointed at the downsides... I don’t really want a black car, and then to have to pay extra for it is a bit much to swallow.

What do you all think? Should I take the black one? It’s going to be another $4k over what was already by far and away the most expensive car I have ever bought, and the difference is really just the acceleration number and delivery 2-4 weeks earlier than she said they are expecting the LR AWDs.
Wait for what you want. In the long run you will forget the pain of the wait but having the wrong colour will always remind you of your preferred choice of colour.

Reactions: Hovean
Aaarrrgh

I got the same call this morning. Fortunately, they are able to supply the same colour as my LR AWD order. I took the offer.

I am picking up a P- next week, invoice says a 13/8/19 build date. The sales person told me when offered this car instead of the LR AWD that I ordered that we wouldn’t be seeing any LR AWD’s before the end of the year in New Zealand.

She didn’t know what the delay is, in the general forum the USA order holders are being told 6-10 weeks (instead of 2) due to delays in production.

Aaarrrgh

I'd say wait - you might get lucky with a cancellation, or in the next batch. The combination of wrong colour and increased price is quite off putting. They were asking you to lay more for a car you didn't want.

After this long, what's an extra few months? Though as I got the upgrade in the colour I wanted, you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt.

I'd say wait - you might get lucky with a cancellation, or in the next batch. The combination of wrong colour and increased price is quite off putting. They were asking you to lay more for a car you didn't want.

After this long, what's an extra few months? Though as I got the upgrade in the colour I wanted, you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt.

Yeah when I call in the morning I think I am just going to say it’s all about the colour, so if another colour comes up, let me know...

Reactions: Togusa09
I am picking up a P- next week, invoice says a 13/8/19 build date. The sales person told me when offered this car instead of the LR AWD that I ordered that we wouldn’t be seeing any LR AWD’s before the end of the year in New Zealand.

She didn’t know what the delay is, in the general forum the USA order holders are being told 6-10 weeks (instead of 2) due to delays in production.
Those delays in production are supposed to be so that they can get cars to the EU and Australia, so they should be acting in our favour. Basically, their production is being hammered all the time.

Hi Jason,

Mine (as per my signature, which as discussed can be seen in landscape mode on mobile :) is black interior. I don't think that we have seen a new allocation of white interior P3D+ vehcles yet, although obviously there have been deliveries of them.
This signature implementation must be buggy. I only see...
Waiting for Blue P3D Performance. 8/4/2016 reservation, 4/6/2019 order. No hidden VIN, no communications from Tesla :-(

• Funny
Reactions: TASKA9
Aaarrrgh

Long time watcher , first time poster.
I received the same phone call Friday about upgrading from LR AWD to P3D- which i accepted and received a hidden Vin Monday. Just rang my insurance company today an my quote has gone from $1250 to $2900. Ouch!