Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you emailed Melbourne delivery?

I wouldn't bother with emails to them. I've not once received a single email that actually offered some helpful facts pertaining to the vehicle I've been waiting for, despite the numerous I've sent. Most times I don't even get a response. Essentially, they inform me that I've just got to put up and shut up until it arrives. I did get offered to cancel my order, so I guess that's an option. I'm not at that stage yet though.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: CpuID
think Tesla has forgotten about me. People without reservations are getting VIN's.
Sorry to hear that. Once again Tesla seems to allocate cars in some random way. I really should not get my car before yours, although I haven’t got mine yet, and it may yet be delayed. I put a reservation down in 2016, but cancelled about a year later. Did nothing until I ordered in September this year.

Got a call from Tesla this arvo offering Blue P- for my Blue LR AWD ordered 4th Sept. (Reservation since early Apr 2016).
I'm assuming it must be a cancellation?
Said delivery couple of weeks. - we'll see. They did say LR AWD not here until Dec.
@Tygar you don't want to swap for a white/black P3D+ do you? ETA is Feb2020. I want the performance but not the 20" wheels, larger brakes, lowered suspension, spolier, etc.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Have you emailed Melbourne delivery?

Yep. They seems to give me a "late Novemeber". It just seems really odd that they claim that they don't have my car's configuration. Literally the SR+ in White which is probably the most popular? I just see people on Facebook and here getting their hidden VINs but theres nothing on my page (product finalized). At least they will retrofit the fog lights :)

Edit: Also going overseas late November. I hope I either get the car before then or have it ready when I get back. I don't want to wait another 3 months.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Got my VIN over email. 4881xx. Part of me says its a dummy VIN used to keep people quiet.

"Reservation holders are no longer being given preference when assigning VINs. Rather, preference is given by order date."

"Our best estimate for delivery at this time is December."

If it is on ANL Warrnambool, it arrives in Sydney on November 8. I think I'll be overseas by the time it comes to Melbourne. Also don't have high hopes for Tesla holding till I come back (~6-7 days). If it is in fact December, I really hope it is early December!

Got my VIN over email. 4881xx. Part of me says its a dummy VIN used to keep people quiet.

"Reservation holders are no longer being given preference when assigning VINs. Rather, preference is given by order date."

"Our best estimate for delivery at this time is December."

If it is on ANL Warrnambool, it arrives in Sydney on November 8. I think I'll be overseas by the time it comes to Melbourne. Also don't have high hopes for Tesla holding till I come back (~6-7 days). If it is in fact December, I really hope it is early December!
What spec did you order?

I have full real time ship schedules and I update daily.

There was enough time to load on to Synergy Oakland Oct 13.
There was an issue with shipping (ship pulled from rotation) and the next ship is Synergy Keelung Oct 27 (normally, weekly). Instead of going to Seattle, and Vancouver, Long Beach, Keelung has gone straight to Long Beach to save time.

Synergy Oakland arrives Sydney Nov 15. Keelung arrives Nov 22 - and gets back on to the weekly schedule.

With regards to your car, I have some mixed messages about whether Synergy Oakland or Keelung is holding the vehicles from the 11 October build date. I am waiting for more evidence before confirming. Whichever it is on won’t make too much difference, in country logistics variably takes 2-6 weeks.

FYI @WoodWombat @Vedaprime
My hidden VIN is about 10 away from WoodWombat
I have email Tesla estimate is mid december delivery and just now received a phone call to confirm my details
Call also confirmed estimate mid december delivery
Confirms grey rims

P3D+ Red / White
Sydney Alexandria

Reactions: Vostok
FYI @WoodWombat @Vedaprime
My hidden VIN is about 10 away from WoodWombat
I have email Tesla estimate is mid december delivery and just now received a phone call to confirm my details
Call also confirmed estimate mid december delivery
Confirms grey rims

P3D+ Red / White
Sydney Alexandria
I just got the same call. Tesla expect my car to arrive in Alexandria in early December, with delivery in mid-December. So around August 137th according to the Teslan calendar.

P+ MSM / Black
5YJ3F7EC3LF4617XX

I got quoted (performance red with white interior):

"At this stage we haven’t built your car as our white interior cars are scheduled for production in early-mid November with deliveries of those vehicles expected in mid-December"

I got quoted (performance red with white interior):

"At this stage we haven’t built your car as our white interior cars are scheduled for production in early-mid November with deliveries of those vehicles expected in mid-December"

How can they say that a car manufactured mid-November will be delivered by mid-December?
It will be on a ship by the 3rd week of November, land in Sydney close to the new year and delivered 10 to 14 days later. Mid January is a better estimate for mid November production...

Reactions: Hungry Mile