Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I got a hidden VIN earlier today, then I got 'the call' about an hour later! Was told delivery is planned for mid-December. Unfortunately, the hidden VIN is now not present as my order page on the Tesla website is not loading and I didn't have the foresight to take note of the actual VIN before it disappeared. Will let @Vedaprime know the VIN# once it comes back again.

No reservation, ordered 14-08-19 White SR+

@Vedaprime, FYI my hidden VIN has come back, 5YJ3F7EA3LF5036XX?

Reactions: Vedaprime
While we are all waiting for our cars I thought to raise few questions about what happens next ?
1 when we get the invoice do we pay that in advance?
2 do we sign all the paperwork before hand or only we see the car and if we are happy with it ?
3 what happens if the car has got defects and if the payment is done and the paperwork is done?

While we are all waiting for our cars I thought to raise few questions about what happens next ?
1 when we get the invoice do we pay that in advance?
2 do we sign all the paperwork before hand or only we see the car and if we are happy with it ?
3 what happens if the car has got defects and if the payment is done and the paperwork is done?

1. Yes, Tesla want proof of payment before handover. My leasing company sent them a remittance notice the day before delivery. Tesla's "hidden raw amount" field was updated 5 days after delivery
2. No. You sign [on an iPad] after inspecting the car. You will be emailed a NSW Registration application before delivery which you will need to fill out and return. I got and did mine 2 days prior.
3. I don't think anybody has actually "rejected" delivery. Seems most people accept and then work with Tesla to get the issues fixed. Up to you.

Reactions: TASKA9
if your car was built October 22, then it made Synergy Keelung as well and is arriving Sydney November 22.

Hey Veda, I've just checked your spreadsheet and see only three different VINs on the Synergy Keelung and none of them are 4885.
I'm just wondering how you come to this conclusion? (Not that it's unwelcome, but it does impact my transfer of funds to Tesla.)

Again, your spreadsheet tells me that my VIN won't arrive until the Seoul Express in mid December.

Hey Veda, I've just checked your spreadsheet and see only three different VINs on the Synergy Keelung and none of them are 4885.
I'm just wondering how you come to this conclusion? (Not that it's unwelcome, but it does impact my transfer of funds to Tesla.)

Again, your spreadsheet tells me that my VIN won't arrive until the Seoul Express in mid December.

This will be changing as soon as soon as am positive. Expect some moving to Keelung as invoiices come through. Will update tomorrow.