Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just waded back through the posts since the "Big VIN Allocation" of 6/11/19...

My summary so far on what we know from people who have posted...
26 VINs shared.

Model Types
SR+ 4
LR AWD 12
P+ 10

Destinations
Melbourne 7
Sydney 5
Brisbane 5
Perth 2
Adelaide 2
ACT 3
Gold Coast 1
NSW 1

8 people have been contacted by Tesla and have been told delivery will be in December. (most have been told mid December which is interesting given that the VINs posted would have 23 of them on the Seoul Express arriving on 13th Dec. (again, thanks to @Vedaprime for the continued work on matching VINs to ships) Let's hope @Vedaprime is correct and Tesla will put on a big push for delivery between Xmas and New Year. That seems more likely that a mid Dec delivery at this stage.

1 person has been told a January delivery (Moskito in Melbourne) Let's hope that is wrong and another SR+ hits Melbourne's streets before the new year.
My one (and only) email from the delivery team was on 29th Oct stating that Feb was the expected delivery date. Since then, I've been allocated a hidden VIN but no call and no further emails. So some progress, but I don't think I'll see my car this year, which is OK as long as it doesn't get pushed out another 3 months to May. If I get delivery in Feb that will be 6 months from order date (Aug) - again that's OK, but would have been good to know that upfront.

My one (and only) email from the delivery team was on 29th Oct stating that Feb was the expected delivery date. Since then, I've been allocated a hidden VIN but no call and no further emails. So some progress, but I don't think I'll see my car this year, which is OK as long as it doesn't get pushed out another 3 months to May. If I get delivery in Feb that will be 6 months from order date (Aug) - again that's OK, but would have been good to know that upfront.

If you have a hidden vin, the car is built and on a ship.

Invoices are starting to come out.

Synergy Keelung has build dates
11 October
21 October
22 October

and these vin ranges so far
4624xx
5036xx
4617xx
5204xx White seats.

If you have an invoice today not in these ranges with build date after October 11 please let me know so I can update the wider community.

• Informative
Reactions: Anubis and baillies

I had an email from delivery at the end of October (before hidden VIN) saying I should still expect a late November - early December delivery. I'm treating anything that they told me before the VIN was allocated as 'guesswork' at best.

As someone else has said: "low expectations equals greater chance of a pleasant surprise". So I'm with you and I keep telling myself next year is OK too.

Hopefully others in will let us know when they are contacted and share delivery timeframes. Might help us firm things up for each city.

Invoices are starting to come out.

Synergy Keelung has build dates
11 October
21 October
22 October

and these vin ranges so far
4624xx
5036xx
4617xx
5204xx White seats.

If you have an invoice today not in these ranges with build date after October 11 please let me know so I can update the wider community.

Hi Veda. My October 11th built car is a 4881xx VIN.

Cheers.

@Vedaprime - I was meant to be delivered my car late October....at this stage still no hidden VIN however the Australian Delivery team still insist I should get my car Late November/December....in your opinion do you think they’re smoking crack or?

They're smoking something.. just not sure why tesla dropped the ball for Oct/Nov.. if they delivered 3 cars since 1st Oct until now?

Seems they like cramming it all in end of quarter (with xmas adding to the rush)

I am now looking at a delivery of a model 3 LR AWD in Adelaide in “Late Dec / Early January” (Tesla deliveries words).
I was originally going to drive my model 3 which “arrived in Sept” to Sydney for Christmas. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the pick up of the car to Sydney still with South Australian rego etc, and I drive it back? This means Tesla gets the car delivered in Dec rather than the waiting to get it shipped over to Adelaide, and I still get a car to drive around late Dec in Sydney.