Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Vedaprime I have an invoice.

5YJ3F7EC8LF4886xx, build date 21/10/2019

Appreciate all your work!
@Kilak - I have the same VIN range as you 5YJ3F7EC8LF4886xx but no call or invoice yet. I wonder if that means my car will arrive on the same boat as yours? @Vedaprime - do you know if VIN ranges are typically split across different boats or more likely to be on the same one?

@Kilak - I have the same VIN range as you 5YJ3F7EC8LF4886xx but no call or invoice yet. I wonder if that means my car will arrive on the same boat as yours? @Vedaprime - do you know if VIN ranges are typically split across different boats or more likely to be on the same one?

the same range can be on different production days. This happens often. They can be on different boats. No evidence of that yet for 4886xx though for the 2020 vins - so they can be on same boat.

• Helpful
Reactions: TadleyD

With the phone call I received last week, on the day the hidden VIN appeared I was told that an invoice would be quickly generated and sent. I waited until yesterday but then got impatient so I reach out to a contact I managed to get within Telsa - he responded within minutes with the invoice. Strangely he advised that while the invoice had been generated it hadn't been sent with no reason as to why, perhaps they're just working through the list.

This happens to some people with no hidden vin. It is possible. Sorry, it won’t help the anxiety. You will get a delivery call, invoice, rego papers, and it will happen quickly within about 10 days of delivery probably. Earlier if you have finance.

Ordered a Blue SR+ end of October. Various official sources verbally said the delivery date will be December and very confident about it. I got a phone call from Pepper for financing last week and was busy at that very moment so didn't go through the application over the phone.

Then I called Tesla to verify if any delay will be caused for getting the finance sorted after receiving their call confirming delivery date and have invoice in hand. The staff from head office said it is totally okay and it will not cause any delay because of this particular reason.

Seeing many have already gotten the hidden VIN but i still haven't made me started concerning with the delivery before Christmas timeline.

Called Tesla today to enquire as to when I would be receiving my invoice. Spoke with a very polite and helpful person who advised me that I could expect the invoice in the next couple of weeks and the vehicle before Christmas.

hidden VIN: 5YJ3F7EB4LF488471

ordered 19/09/2019
White M3 LR AWD

Reactions: Vedaprime
My first comment as a soon to be M3 owner.
Placed my order for a White SR+ on 21/9/19.
Received a call to say I have a VIN a couple of days ago. Now have the rego docs to complete and the final invoice to pay.
Tesla staff told me tell me that I should have delivery late November or early December.
One minor problem is that I am in the US at present and get back to Oz on the 11th December.
Will complete all the docs and payment from the US. I have already told them when I get back but received zero response.
So, straight from the airport to pick up my M3. All being well of course.
I have left an authorisation with my son to pick up the car if I am not there and Tesla can't or won't wait until the 11th.
We shall see.
I will keep you all informed.

Thanks for all the amazing info you have all contributed.

Ordered a Blue SR+ end of October. Various official sources verbally said the delivery date will be December and very confident about it. I got a phone call from Pepper for financing last week and was busy at that very moment so didn't go through the application over the phone.

Then I called Tesla to verify if any delay will be caused for getting the finance sorted after receiving their call confirming delivery date and have invoice in hand. The staff from head office said it is totally okay and it will not cause any delay because of this particular reason.

Seeing many have already gotten the hidden VIN but i still haven't made me started concerning with the delivery before Christmas timeline.

Some people never get a vin, and the car still comes. The system is odd sometimes. It won’t help anxiety. Anyone who has a vin should get it by end of year from SA and east coast. Perth and Tasmania are less certain if their build dates are after October 22. Anyone without a hidden vin just makes things very uncertain. It is impossible to tell anything. It could be late December or February considering you ordered late October.

Ok got my invoice:
Build Date: 21/10/2019
VIN: 5YJ3F7EC9LF5875XX
So @Vedaprime the car should arrived 22/11/19 ?....do you think it would be shipped and ready in Brisbane by the 12/13 of December?
Thanks for your help!

This proves your build day for 5875xx will arrive on Synergy Keelung November 22.
2-6 weeks in logistics follows. You will get it before the end of year, unless a fault is found.

I have eyes on Brisbane arrivals into the the delivery centre when it gets closer, so I will know ranges when they start delivery. The exact date all depends on position in the queue through logistics. Its impossible to say beyond the date range I have provided at this point.

Hi @Vedaprime, thanks so much for all your hard work piecing together all this data. I received a hidden VIN 5YJ3F7EA3LF5036XX, but am unsure which ship it is on/was on? Do you have any idea where it fits into the delivery schedule? Thanks again for your help.

Edit: Got the call a week ago roughly. Was told to expect a mid-December delivery. I was told the invoice will be sent this week, but am yet to receive it.

Hi @Vedaprime, thanks so much for all your hard work piecing together all this data. I received a hidden VIN 5YJ3F7EA3LF5036XX, but am unsure which ship it is on/was on? Do you have any idea where it fits into the delivery schedule? Thanks again for your help.

Edit: Got the call a week ago roughly. Was told to expect a mid-December delivery. I was told the invoice will be sent this week, but am yet to receive it.
Expect late December. It is built after October 10. Once you get your invoice (build date). I can pinpoint the ship with better accuracy. It won’t arrive in Sydney after December 13, but it can be earlier.

Had a call from Tesla today (missed it, unfortunately), no invoice yet.
In the voicemail and followup email they say 9th to 20th December delivery, so I assume it's on Synergy Keelung arriving in Sydney @22 Nov.
Hidden VIN: 5YJ3F7EB6LF519011, white LR AWD, Sydney delivery.