Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cheers .. makes sense for Tesla ..bit of Trumpism there - bet Donald likes that i.e. America First, rest of the world will just have to wail :)

Love the Trump comment, but in reality, China is next up for local deliveries ("China First"?!) with Gigafactory 2 up and running, Berlin on the way in 2021 for "local" European deliveries. AU on the other hand - hard to say, but eventually that manufacturing in China and Europe should greatly reduce the all out push on Fremont to deliver globally, so smaller international markets still served by Fremont probably will get a more continuous supply (but a few years out).

This whole thing is a side effect of the direct to consumer model Tesla has vs. the dealer franchise model of all other car companies. For everyone but Tesla, the cars are essentially off the manufacturers books as they roll off the line in the dealer model.

I've just noticed from @Vedaprime vin tracking spreadsheet that 5189xx is split between Keelung and Seoul Express.

Has anyone with a 5189xx vin got an invoice or indication of arrival yet? I'm deliberately setting my expectations for Seoul Express given Tesla's indication of an update on delivery mid December. But... you know... hope springs eternal.

I've just noticed from @Vedaprime vin tracking spreadsheet that 5189xx is split between Keelung and Seoul Express.

Has anyone with a 5189xx vin got an invoice or indication of arrival yet? I'm deliberately setting my expectations for Seoul Express given Tesla's indication of an update on delivery mid December. But... you know... hope springs eternal.
Pm me. I can tell

Hi team vinless,

I ordered my Model 3 last Saturday and have been advised that the car is set to be made in January and arriving in February.

Is there any chance that they are sandbagging these estimations or are they pretty spot on/optimistic?

Cheers!

Hi team vinless,

I ordered my Model 3 last Saturday and have been advised that the car is set to be made in January and arriving in February.

Is there any chance that they are sandbagging these estimations or are they pretty spot on/optimistic?

Cheers!
Depends which one your ordered.
Last we heard @Vedaprime said their was a handful of LR AWDs left over, although that was a while ago and logistics are always changing.
Being made in January seems like a reasonable timeframe. Tesla was notorious for a while for providing unrealistic timeframes.

Depends which one your ordered.
Last we heard @Vedaprime said their was a handful of LR AWDs left over, although that was a while ago and logistics are always changing.
Being made in January seems like a reasonable timeframe. Tesla was notorious for a while for providing unrealistic timeframes.

As I understand it, lmited combos still available for December delivery. No cars are being made now. So it is whatever is on a ship. I don’t have specifics.

The next cars will be made in the first week of January, and arrive early February, with the first deliveries from about 3rd week February. I will be doing personal vin tracking only through my patreon account next year.

Hopefully Veda has more info for you.

Yep, @Vedaprime amazingly helpful. I am now watching progress of ANL Tongala.

ETA in Auckland recent changed from 7:00am on Nov 26 to 10:30am on Nov 25. Must have a been a good following wind or a pod of super helpful dolphins.

Feeling good for a delivery in the second half of December. Fingers crossed maybe close to mid December.

Reactions: Vostok
Yep. Dropped off my plates this arvo, the service centre looked pretty busy, I'm guessing they're prepping the last batch of cars.
I posted my plates off to the delivery centre in Melbourne today. One more step in the process! The Synergy Keelung has left Auckland and is smoking its way to Sydney for an evening arrival on the 22nd. As long as this ship does not sink, I feel like I have a reasonable chance to get my car delivered to Melbourne before Christmas. Of course if the car went lame during the voyage, or is damaged in some way, this will fall straight out the window.

Knowing my luck with this car, the crane will drop the container in the ocean as it is being unloaded, so I apoligise in advance to the other three people who's vehicles are in my container.

I posted my plates off to the delivery centre in Melbourne today. One more step in the process! The Synergy Keelung has left Auckland and is smoking its way to Sydney for an evening arrival on the 22nd. As long as this ship does not sink, I feel like I have a reasonable chance to get my car delivered to Melbourne before Christmas. Of course if the car went lame during the voyage, or is damaged in some way, this will fall straight out the window.

Knowing my luck with this car, the crane will drop the container in the ocean as it is being unloaded, so I apoligise in advance to the other three people who's vehicles are in my container.
My P3D- is right there with yours @WoodWombat so fingers crossed all goes well. It looks like you were the one who started this thread, so surely that gives so some good karma to work with...? :cool: