Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The email Tesla sent me with my invoice attached specifically said to not pay the invoice until they call me to arrange a delivery date and time.

So why are people paying invoices before a delivery date is set?
Sry, to clarify my email with the invoice said to pay the final deposit, I'm financing the rest (balance of the invoice total).

And it said to make sure I paid that 72 hours before delivery, but didn't give a delivery date. So I paid straight away so as not to hold up the process.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I have been emailing the Brisbane delivery team today as part of invoicing and providing another signed form and in their reply they restated they are aiming for a mid December delivery for my P3D which I believe is also on the Tongala... Not sure if they are underestimating times or know something I don't.

My car was on Synergy Keelung and they said the same - aiming for mid Dec. I just assumed they were going with a conservative estimate to avoid more disappointment.

My email response to Tesla Brisbane today after being advised that my delivery appointment was rescheduled due to the car being damaged:

Thank you for your email. I acknowledge the rescheduled delivery appointment and look forward to receiving the car. As a previous Tesla owner I understand, and accept, that Tesla’s sales and delivery model is different to traditional car manufacturers.

I have concerns that my car has been damaged before I have received delivery of it. I am also concerned that you will not divulge the list of damages that require the services of a body shop to resolve before my car can be delivered. I am extremely disappointed, and inconvenienced, that my delivery appointment – set by Tesla – can no longer be honoured. Why was the original appointment even set if you could not guarantee that my car was in a condition to be delivered?

I appreciate your assurance that the car will be up to your standard of quality. I am purchasing a brand new car. I expect it to be free of defects at delivery and you have my assurance that if it does not meet quality standards than I will not be accepting the car.

Many of your customers, including myself, do not have a choice if they want to purchase the best EV on the market. They have to purchase one of your cars as they are currently the best range of EVs available. Treating your customers as if they don’t have a choice is no way for Tesla to run a business. Great cars, appalling service. I will make sure my post delivery survey includes detailed comments on the “service” I have received to date.

And it said to make sure I paid that 72 hours before delivery, but didn't give a delivery date. So I paid straight away so as not to hold up the process.
I will follow the instructions Tesla provided in the email, and not pay until a delivery appointment has been set.

I’m not worried about the 72 hour thing. As long as Tesla can see the money in their account I don’t see why they would not deliver the car. Settlement times for electronic bank transfers have mostly been fixed up over the past year due to reforms adopted by the banks in response to ACCC investigations. I generally find transfers from one bank to another occur the same day provided the transfer is initiated before about 3pm. Smaller transfers seem to happen quicker than larger ones, so maybe additional checks are done the larger the amount.

In any event, I will need to initiate the transfer from a bank branch, since paying the balance will massively exceed all transfer limits on my account. I don’t know if that makes any difference to processing times.

My email response to Tesla Brisbane today after being advised that my delivery appointment was rescheduled due to the car being damaged:

Thank you for your email. I acknowledge the rescheduled delivery appointment and look forward to receiving the car. As a previous Tesla owner I understand, and accept, that Tesla’s sales and delivery model is different to traditional car manufacturers.

I have concerns that my car has been damaged before I have received delivery of it. I am also concerned that you will not divulge the list of damages that require the services of a body shop to resolve before my car can be delivered. I am extremely disappointed, and inconvenienced, that my delivery appointment – set by Tesla – can no longer be honoured. Why was the original appointment even set if you could not guarantee that my car was in a condition to be delivered?

I appreciate your assurance that the car will be up to your standard of quality. I am purchasing a brand new car. I expect it to be free of defects at delivery and you have my assurance that if it does not meet quality standards than I will not be accepting the car.

Many of your customers, including myself, do not have a choice if they want to purchase the best EV on the market. They have to purchase one of your cars as they are currently the best range of EVs available. Treating your customers as if they don’t have a choice is no way for Tesla to run a business. Great cars, appalling service. I will make sure my post delivery survey includes detailed comments on the “service” I have received to date.

I'm with you on this, it benefits Tesla to get these cars out and delivered ASAP and if people start actually rejecting banged up cars they'll need to change their ways. I said the same thing on the main thread (that I won't accept the car if it has defects) and got told I was "tough talking" and other crap like that...Each to their own but I don't think we should be accepting & rewarding Tesla's shitty behavior.

I don't think we should be accepting & rewarding Tesla's shitty behavior.
I agree, but it's difficult once the fund had been transferred by the finance company, and insurance had been paid. You have paid for the car, rego, insurance, but won't have the car for an unknown period of time if you reject the car, worse if Tesla doesn't give you a loan car. It is just a bad situation to be in, and unacceptable.

I will follow the instructions Tesla provided in the email, and not pay until a delivery appointment has been set.

I’m not worried about the 72 hour thing. As long as Tesla can see the money in their account I don’t see why they would not deliver the car. Settlement times for electronic bank transfers have mostly been fixed up over the past year due to reforms adopted by the banks in response to ACCC investigations. I generally find transfers from one bank to another occur the same day provided the transfer is initiated before about 3pm. Smaller transfers seem to happen quicker than larger ones, so maybe additional checks are done the larger the amount.

In any event, I will need to initiate the transfer from a bank branch, since paying the balance will massively exceed all transfer limits on my account. I don’t know if that makes any difference to processing times.
The issue with Tesla is their emails are not standardardised. My finance company did not get the notice "payment not due until delivery date confirmed" they got the "payment must be made 48 hours before delivery" So they made payment.
The issue for me is there is no transparency, as Tesla has not sent a receipt of payment nor does my account show payment made. I'm now making repayments on a car I don't have and don't know when I will have and furthermore they refuse to return my deposit until delivery. So they are double dipping by keeping my deposit longer. This is really poor since I have happily paid a reservation fee for 2.5 years with good faith, but this has broken my faith.

My finance company did not get the notice "payment not due until delivery date confirmed" they got the "payment must be made 48 hours before delivery" So they made payment
I can see why your are annoyed, but really, your finance company is at fault here. They should have checked with you first as to what the delivery date is so that they could time payment to be 48 hours prior. That would have been your chance to tell them a delivery date has not been set, so don’t pay yet!

I suggest you seek relief from repayments until your car is delivered because in my view your finance company did the wrong thing.

Rough inventory count looked like:

1 Midnight silver
3 black
5 white
3 red (2 SR+, 1 LR AWD)

Two of the reds have damage highlighted with marker that is obviously still to be fixed.
I’m not saying you should go back every few days and take photos. But you should! I’m Waiting for red performance! Perhaps they have another secret location!!!! Very exciting!

• Funny
Reactions: TASKA9 and Hyena