Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up car today at alexandria
not rushed at all
over an hour hand over
no issues with the car
drives great

20191213_190404.jpg

Looking at the weather for this afternoon, you might want to drive out of the delivery bay and straight back in the underground car park.
I was very worried but the storm cleared by 1645. Delivery went really well. 2 minor paint defects, otherwise everything perfect!

How long does the software update normally take to present? Currently home connected to strong wifi.

A little disconcerting when stopped in traffic and it rolls back! Didn't think it was supposed to do that!

I was very worried but the storm cleared by 1645. Delivery went really well. 2 minor paint defects, otherwise everything perfect!

How long does the software update normally take to present? Currently home connected to strong wifi.

A little disconcerting when stopped in traffic and it rolls back! Didn't think it was supposed to do that!

I'm jealous of everyone who got minor or no paint defects.

I have a very obvious paint fold on my bumper that I will have to later take my car back to the service centre to get repaired.

• Informative
Reactions: straw_man
I thought I read here that cars delivered now would be MY20

Mine is definitely just MY19

NB I saw a blue M3 with blue on white plates at the delivery centre, I wish they did red on white for red M3.
But what are they thinking putting yellow plates on grey M3? They are crazy to think anyone would want a yellow plate :confused:

I thought I read here that cars delivered now would be MY20. Mine is definitely just MY19
It depends on when the car was built. I think the changeover date was builds after 10 October (or thereabouts). You can tell from your VIN. If the 10th character is “K” it is model year 2019, if it is “L” it is 2020. Also, if it didn’t come with a “frunk” mat, it is 2020 :)

Given shipping and delivery times, the first 2020s are probably only just starting to be delivered now.

Reactions: straw_man

If it works like Model S, the anti roll back feature relies on brake pedal pressure rather than the electric hand brake. If you’re on a steep hill you need to press hard enough to hold it with the foot brake before the feature will activate allowing you to take your foot off.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Bu
It depends on when the car was built. I think the changeover date was builds after 10 October (or thereabouts). You can tell from your VIN. If the 10th character is “K” it is model year 2019, if it is “L” it is 2020. Also, if it didn’t come with a “frunk” mat, it is 2020 :)

Given shipping and delivery times, the first 2020s are probably only just starting to be delivered now.

I dont think that info is correct...

Delivered today
VIN is 5YJ3F7EC8LFxxxxxx
Build date 21/10/2019
No frunk mat

Rego papers and car sticker all say 2019??

Last edited:
I dont think that info is correct...

VIN is 5YJ3F7EC8LFxxxxxx
Build date 21/10/2019
No frunk mat

Rego papers and car sticker all say 2019??
That’s definitely 2020 model year. Remember that Tesla though doesn’t officially do “model years” in the same way as other manufacturers. But if it bugs you, ring up RMS and get them to correct it based on the VIN.

Here’s TeslaTap’s VIN decoder:

VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

That’s definitely 2020 model year. Remember that Tesla though doesn’t officially do “model years” in the same way as other manufacturers. But if it bugs you, ring up RMS and get them to correct it based on the VIN.

Here’s TeslaTap’s VIN decoder:

VIN Decoder | TeslaTap

Ok so does anyone else’s say Model 2020 on their rego paper or did I get the luck of the draw and RMS stuffed mine up?

I picked mine up yesterday. Found 2 very small marks, they attempted to rectify but couldn’t - but so small I wasn’t overly concerned. It did mean that I didn’t leave the showroom while the heavens opened, so an upside I guess.

All my rego papers list it as a 2019, however everything else indicates it a 2020. A little annoyed that it’s still in V9, I’ve had it connected to WiFi all night and still no upgrade prompt, I would have liked the additional features for the drive down to Melbourne.

On the way home I stopped at Springfield for a free charge while meeting a mate for dinner, it’s so cool that we can effectively receive free fuel, it seems like a scam - lol.

Anyways, the vehicle is amazing, not sure if the wait was worth it - hahaha

Any suggestions for which app is best for Apple Watch Intergration?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
I picked mine up yesterday. Found 2 very small marks, they attempted to rectify but couldn’t - but so small I wasn’t overly concerned. It did mean that I didn’t leave the showroom while the heavens opened, so an upside I guess.

All my rego papers list it as a 2019, however everything else indicates it a 2020. A little annoyed that it’s still in V9, I’ve had it connected to WiFi all night and still no upgrade prompt, I would have liked the additional features for the drive down to Melbourne.

On the way home I stopped at Springfield for a free charge while meeting a mate for dinner, it’s so cool that we can effectively receive free fuel, it seems like a scam - lol.

Anyways, the vehicle is amazing, not sure if the wait was worth it - hahaha

Any suggestions for which app is best for Apple Watch Intergration?
Same experience for me too re v10
We might need a new wailing wall
#TeamV10less