Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up car today at alexandria
not rushed at all
over an hour hand over
no issues with the car
drives great

View attachment 487800

My first post since picking up car last Tuesday. After 4 months of waiting, many false starts and a lot of time spent on forums and YouTube I can finally say it was all worth it! Best car I have ever driven.

Someone else said it’s like being 18 again and getting your first car. Exactly. I look for excuses to drive places now. Need some milk? Sure I’ll go. Need to pick up something from the Post Office - send me.

My 12 year old daughter loves it too. She’s all over the controls and features. First thing we did was to test out the local fast charger and she was watching K-Pop videos while we waited. 20mins and we went from 60-80% charge and we were off again. Unfortunately we burnt about 10% of that charge on the way home as there were quite a lot of long stretches of empty road where it would have been cruel not to floor it ;-)
We were both laughing all the way home. Thanks Elon!

That’s definitely 2020 model year. Remember that Tesla though doesn’t officially do “model years” in the same way as other manufacturers. But if it bugs you, ring up RMS and get them to correct it based on the VIN.

Here’s TeslaTap’s VIN decoder:

VIN Decoder | TeslaTap
This is 100% correct. The car is a 2020 model year, with a 2019 compliance/build date.

The 2020 builds started October 11.

Guess what all! Just stalked the car park at Fortitude Valley dealer and found my car! I couldn't really go over it in too much depth as it was pretty dirty but couldn't help but notice that for some reason the passenger side window was down, hopefully not an indication of anything broken. I also got to meet another Tesla owner who just took delivery yesterday of a M3P. Now I just have to wait for my delivery time of Tues 12 noon and then an immediate drop off to 'The detailing Studio' for three days to get tint, ppf and ceramic coat. Xmas is going to be fun!

Attachments

• image-20191214_085710.jpg
    image-20191214_085710.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 68
Guess what all! Just stalked the car park at Fortitude Valley dealer and found my car! I couldn't really go over it in too much depth as it was pretty dirty but couldn't help but notice that for some reason the passenger side window was down, hopefully not an indication of anything broken. I also got to meet another Tesla owner who just took delivery yesterday of a M3P. Now I just have to wait for my delivery time of Tues 12 noon and then an immediate drop off to 'The detailing Studio' for three days to get tint, ppf and ceramic coat. Xmas is going to be fun!

Stupid question; where is the car park in fortitude valley located exactly? I think my white SR+ should be there about now.

It is literally beneath the dealer showroom. As you pull into the homemaker center there is a car park round about with two underground car park options. Drive down the one that is same side as the showroom. If you don't immediatly see any Teslas you have gone down the wrong one :)

Reactions: Furfy
I thought I read here that cars delivered now would be MY20

Mine is definitely just MY19

NB I saw a blue M3 with blue on white plates at the delivery centre, I wish they did red on white for red M3.
But what are they thinking putting yellow plates on grey M3? They are crazy to think anyone would want a yellow plate :confused:

What did it say on the invoice?
Well next Friday is my big day... call me paranoid, but I did a test transfer of a small amount of money to the BSB on the invoice to make sure it went to the right place, before I transfer a really big amount of money on Monday :eek:

And sure enough, in the HTML of my “Manage” page, I can see the payment :cool:

All systems go!
Haha. Glad it's not just me. When I got the delivery call, I asked the caller to tell me my custom rego and then give me the bank account number over the phone to make sure it matches the one on the invoice - I know I haven't provided the rego in any email correspondence.

Then I realised that my rego was in the invoice, so if someone had intercepted and doctored the email, they would have my rego from that. Could have got my phone number from previous emails too...

So, I went in to Tesla today to drop off my plates and asked them to confirm, which they politely did - no hassle.

Then went to the bank today to pay, only to be told (NAB) that I can't transfer that much money on the weekend to another bank. Some wire-transfer department not working. Options are, do it via internet banking over the next three days (Daily limits require this) or come in on Monday (which I can't do because of work.).

So Internet banking it is and hope that the last payment on Monday makes it to Tesla by the end of Tuesday to be within the 48 hours timeframe.

BTW, Turns out all the account number checking was not required anyway. I noticed that the account number is the same as my order number. And the bottom of the invoice says that there is a separate bank account number for each order.

Anyway, done now and saw a stack of cars at Richmond for delivery today.

They told me that only cars being delivered on the day are at located at Richmond. So mine is elsewhere being prepped.
Slow day today for them (approx 20 deliveries) but expect to be delivering approx 40 cars per day at Richmond for the rest of the year.

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok and Sparty93
Do you think they would get ticked off with us if we phoned service and asked for a manual push?

I imagine they are getting plenty of such phone calls! I will definitely call and ask for this on Mon
If that doesn't work I will just have to wait until I take my car in for service
In the madness of pre xmas deliveries my number plate was not even screwed on straight

The curiosity got the better of me and I went for a drive to see if it's there; it was not :( Looks like a late December delivery for me. We're a long way from the original indicative September delivery now. Pretty bitter about it TBH.

It’s hard hearing about everyone else taking delivery while you have to stand back and watch. I’ve been there! But it’s a good feeling to have a delivery date, so hang in there.

So Internet banking it is and hope that the last payment on Monday makes it to Tesla by the end of Tuesday to be within the 48 hours timeframe
In the “olden days” (i.e. last year) EFTs between banks used to take up to 2 days for reasons best known to themselves. The big banks have progressively implemented their “fast payments” platform since then and I’ve found interbank payments now happen the same day. So I think you’ll be fine, especially if you make the transfer before 3pm.

I did my “test” payment lunchtime Thursday and the payment was visible in my “Manage” page HTML on Friday. I didn’t think to check Thu night so it may have happened even sooner.

Reactions: HappyPEJ
In the “olden days” (i.e. last year) EFTs between banks used to take up to 2 days for reasons best known to themselves. The big banks have progressively implemented their “fast payments” platform since then and I’ve found interbank payments now happen the same day. So I think you’ll be fine, especially if you make the transfer before 3pm.

I did my “test” payment lunchtime Thursday and the payment was visible in my “Manage” page HTML on Friday. I didn’t think to check Thu night so it may have happened even sooner.
Thanks. The payment is pre-scheduled so it will happen when it happens. I'm hopeful that even they get it Wednesday it shouldn't stop delivery on Thursday. I guess we will find out.

Last minute hiccups...