Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wailing wall for Australian Model 3 team VINLess!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok - time to get official on the longest wait record. I just double checked all my dates to be certain. Here goes:

I ordered a M3P+ White, FSD on 1 June 2019 (I believe on a few posts I said first day for shorthand, but it was actually day 2). I have an April 2018 reservation. I switched to white interior on July 28 (2nd day available). That’s it. Still no delivery date! This week delivery certainly not happening.

So best case if I get a Christmas Eve delivery is 205 Days!!! and that’s best case, actually my clock is still ticking.

Any June 1 orders with no confirmed delivery date??? Heck even being conservative and go from order change (which is 150 days). Anyone order before July 28 with still no confirmed delivery date???

A record I don’t want to hold!

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Ok - time to get official on the longest wait record. I just double checked all my dates to be certain. Here goes:

I ordered a M3P+ White, FSD on 1 June 2019 (I believe on a few posts I said first day for shorthand, but it was actually day 2). I have an April 2018 reservation. I switched to white interior on July 28 (2nd day available). That’s it. Still no delivery date! This week delivery certainly not happening.

So best case if I get a Christmas Eve delivery is 205 Days!!! and that’s best case, actually my clock is still ticking.

Any June 1 orders with no confirmed delivery date??? Heck even being conservative and go from order change (which is 150 days). Anyone order before July 28 with still no confirmed delivery date???

A record I don’t want to hold!

It is ridiculous that Tesla didnt even seem to care about their reservation holders. Considering you still haven't got a delivery date is absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder what the record is for the shortest time from Order > Delivery.
Mine is 64 days at the moment, started from deposit paid at
15th Oct 2019, 11:30AM and delivery on 18th Dec 2019, 11:30AM, making it exactly 64 days.

It is ridiculous that Tesla didnt even seem to care about their reservation holders. Considering you still haven't got a delivery date is absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder what the record is for the shortest time from Order > Delivery.
Mine is 64 days at the moment, started from deposit paid at
15th Oct 2019, 11:30AM and delivery on 18th Dec 2019, 11:30AM, making it exactly 64 days.

That’s great! Your probably still up as you get yours in less than 12 hours! Enjoy!

Reactions: tessiestraya

Customer service would have me believe that they know nothing about when my car will be available, until it shows up at the final delivery centre. Could be true, or at least their policy is not to update their customers, before this happens. I am bothered that the last few still waiting early order(ers), expecting delivery notice this month, have an invoice, with their VIN on it, according to the posts. I was last told, delivery would be by the 31st, after late Nov, early Dec, blew by. I rang them, and I am told that I don’t have an invoice because I may be matched to a different vehicle. If so, a human could have matched me to one of the two identical MSM configured 3P+ that were in Aus inventory offered forsale as accelerated delivery, but are now sold. They are Debussy VIN’s, later builds then my hidden VIN. I figure no contact, no invoice showing a vehicle committed to me, by the 24th, none of these landed cars for Sydney, are for me. This is based on all your posts, seeing how things work, or don’t. I am not interested in being stuffed around beyond six months, with a new delivery window, or talking to a different person everytime in customer service, who has no idea when the computer will allocate me a car. Quite frankly, I am turned off giving the brand my money, which is a shame, as I think I would have enjoyed the car. On the 24th, the day before I leave Sydney for the holiday period, I, will post that Tesla has a car for me, or my final adios Tesla, and wish you all happy holidays. Thanks for listening to my final vent.

Last edited:
I feel really bad for those that have been waiting so long and really are entitled to be first in the queue. I ordered mine on the 8th Nov (41 days ago) and took delivery yesterday in Brisbane. I too even noticed VINs that were 10k higher than mine arriving at the dealer before mine arrived so no idea how they manage their logistics. All I can say is that once you get behind the wheel all will likely be forgiven.

Reactions: Sparty93
Got my delivery date scheduled! Debussy p3d+ white/white! Delivery time is 22nd in Richmond.

So instead of a phone call, I received a text message with a link that directed me to scheduling my delivery date. I had 3 delivery dates (22,23,24) and pretty much all the business hours to choose from.

Is this new?

Got my delivery date scheduled! Debussy p3d+ white/white! Delivery time is 22nd in Richmond.

So instead of a phone call, I received a text message with a link that directed me to scheduling my delivery date. I had 3 delivery dates (22,23,24) and pretty much all the business hours to choose from.

Is this new?
me too ...Debussy p3d+ white/white! Delivery time is 22nd , I picked 10am

Customer service would have me believe that they know nothing about when my car will be available, until it shows up at the final delivery centre. Could be true, or at least their policy is not to update their customers, before this happens. I am bothered that the last few still waiting early order(ers), expecting delivery notice this month, have an invoice, with their VIN on it, according to the posts. I was last told, delivery would be by the 31st, after late Nov, early Dec, blew by. I rang them, and I am told that I don’t have an invoice because I may be matched to a different vehicle. If so, a human could have matched me to one of the two identical MSM configured 3P+ that were in Aus inventory offered forsale as accelerated delivery, but are now sold. They are Debussy VIN’s, later builds then my hidden VIN. I figure no contact, no invoice showing a vehicle committed to me, by the 24th, none of these landed cars for Sydney, are for me. This is based on all your posts, seeing how things work, or don’t. I am not interested in being stuffed around beyond six months, with a new delivery window, or talking to a different person everytime in customer service, who has no idea when the computer will allocate me a car. Quite frankly, I am turned off giving the brand my money, which is a shame, as I think I would have enjoyed the car. On the 24th, the day before I leave Sydney for the holiday period, I, will post that Tesla has a car for me, or my final adios Tesla, and wish you all happy holidays. Thanks for listening to my final vent.
I agree that the whole ordering delivery process is ridiculous. However, I waited 4 months and the car is easily worth it in the end.

Strange that you don't have a delivery date as there are 8 x M3P+ sitting in inventory right now, and 2 are Midnight Silver colour.
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

My advice would be to order one of the ones in inventory and then cancel your original order. That's what I did to get my M3P-

Ok - time to get official on the longest wait record.
I lose my “longest wait” record between reservation and delivery of 1360 days on Friday, when I pick up my car! :D

Mind you, this record is shared by everyone who reserved on 31 March 2016 but has not yet taken delivery (and some of those have not even ordered), so I’m not out there by myself...

For order to delivery it will be 61 days, which is pretty good, but as you can see above, not threatening the quickest records.

Well the universe spoke. I got my delivery date!!! Dec. 22 @ 1pm - Richmond. Also via txt.

Can’t compete with the reservation waits (mine would be in the 500 day range), but also hard to tell as some may not have even ordered or just ordered in Nov/Dec., etc. I can now officially say it was 203 days since Tesla took my $3k for order to delivery. So happy they came through before Christmas, but that is what they implied (and Veda knew!), but just nice to be real.

And someone on Facebook was 26 days order to delivery! Great to see the times come way down. I want everyone to have one of these!