Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait for 3D spider mats for refresh Tesla or get the Tasmanian now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I have been sold on Tuxmat mats for quite some time on several vehicles over the years. I do know they are in production for the S but that may mean another month or so before we see availability. For the time being, a $25 universal set from Walmart is working well until. Have the Tuxmats in the Y, nothing compares. Tesla Model S Custom Car Mats with Max Coverage | TuxMat

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKool
I love the Tesmanians. Durable, look great (no obnoxious badging), have trunk liner that's hinged so you can lift up the sub-trunk cover, and plenty of flared lip on them so you won't get mud or snow on the interior carpeting. Highly recommend them.

Reactions: Proppilot
Looks like Tasmanian updated their all season mats to for the new refresh but nothing from 3d spider even after 6 plus months should I wrist go ahead and get Tasmanian or wait?
I got the Maxspider 3D’s for the pre-refresh model and they fit well enough in my refresh.

Only went with the front and rear seat option as the tailgate piece is sized very differently. I’m happy enough with them.

Got weathertech for my first 2 teslas. Decided to try Tesmanian full set for Tessie 3 (2022 Model S LR). they fit perfectly despite all the weird curves and dips - and no “badge” which is kind of nice. I highly recommend the Tasmanian ones.

I tried the Weathertechs, previous 3D Max and now the Tesmanian and settled on the Tasmanian. Especially for the price, they offer the best fit compared to the previous two.

I am interested in the Tuxmats, but sounds like it will be Spring until released.

The 3D Maxpider Elegant mats (use to be called Classic) are the best. I use them year-round; nice carpet weave top, waterproof and covers edges including the dead pedal. And they can be hosed off / scrubbed to clean.

Unfortunately they are not ready for the 2021+ yet. I actually have a Classic set from 2014 and the front fits fine (rear does not).

PS - the ugly 3D logo can easily be clipped off.

The 3D Maxpider Elegant mats (use to be called Classic) are the best. I use them year-round; nice carpet weave top, waterproof and covers edges including the dead pedal. And they can be hosed off / scrubbed to clean.

Unfortunately they are not ready for the 2021+ yet. I actually have a Classic set from 2014 and the front fits fine (rear does not).

I think those would work. Hopefully they become available by June.

I got the Maxspider 3D’s for the pre-refresh model and they fit well enough in my refresh.

Only went with the front and rear seat option as the tailgate piece is sized very differently. I’m happy enough with them.

Same here. Fits well enough and looks better than anything else out there IMO. Needed something for Seattle's fall and winter drudgery and couldn't wait. But if you're OK waiting, I'm sure Maxspider will come out with a refresh version. Last I heard, about 3-4 months ago, they were asking around on the forums for an owner willing to come by their office so they could scan the floor.

Same here. Fits well enough and looks better than anything else out there IMO. Needed something for Seattle's fall and winter drudgery and couldn't wait. But if you're OK waiting, I'm sure Maxspider will come out with a refresh version. Last I heard, about 3-4 months ago, they were asking around on the forums for an owner willing to come by their office so they could scan the floor.
I tried the Maxspider and did like the look, except the logo. However, I thought the fit was poor around the drivers fake pedal on left hand side. I am sure the updated ones will be perfect whenever they get released. I don’t why companies think they have to plaster their logo over everything.

I tried the Maxspider and did like the look, except the logo. However, I thought the fit was poor around the drivers fake pedal on left hand side. I am sure the updated ones will be perfect whenever they get released. I don’t why companies think they have to plaster their logo over everything.
Someone above said they clipped the logo. Not sure if I'm going to try that, but seems like there's a path forward for logo-haters.

I believe this is what @DBV1 is referring to, where the dead pedal area doesn't go up all the way (please excuse the filth...):
1643675227707.png

Reactions: DBV1
I have the 3D mats in my M3 and like them but I just got the Tesmanians for mu 2021 refreshed MS LR. I really like them. They ARE expensive compared the others but included the great trunk cover with hinges for pocket access as well as the Frunk pad.

The autailors are basically fancy summer mats. Will not work in containing much for winter use in snow. Curious to see if they are perforated or sealed. Please report back when you do get them.
The autailors mats came and I installed them on my 2022 S. There is a slight ridge where the edge trim is that would keep a little bit of moisture from running off. Liquids won't pass thru. I promptly turned over a bottle of window cleaner onto the mat while cleaning the interior windshield and dumped all over the mat. Nothing went thru and it wiped right up. They fit really well, but there is one spot at the bottom of the dead pedal where it collects a lot of debris. These also have a little more traction than 3D mats. If 3D ever comes out with 2022 Model S mats, I would get them over these autailor mats.

Attachments

• Mats - 1.jpeg
    Mats - 1.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Mats - 2.jpeg
    Mats - 2.jpeg
    938.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Mats - 3.jpeg
    Mats - 3.jpeg
    929.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Mats - 4.jpeg
    Mats - 4.jpeg