Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait for matrix lights? Model X Plaid being delivered within the week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was absolutely crystal clear No X has Matrix yet from information shared on this forum. It is also crystal clear that if you ask 10 SA’s a technical question you’ll get 11 different answers. If you asked anyone here on the forum they could have told you exactly what you were getting. But you wanted to believe the SA.

I knew the exact VIN I needed on my S and I got it. If I didn’t I would have pushed it out. There are lots of upgrades always coming. Some are more important than others. Like it would be great to get swivel screen but not a big deal to miss that. Could care less about tail lights too. But improved headlights are worth waiting for. It’s a safety feature, not a convenience feature.

This is on low beam and they don’t have the fancy programming that’s due to come. This is a good distance back and camera zoomed in.

I took this photo to show off my polished windshield. Have you polished yours yet, it’s as important as new headlights. It is absolutely pitch dark out. Feels like daylight with no windshield.

51985924520_c18dde46de_b_d.jpg
Polish. You mean like Meguiars? Or is it a special solution?

Polish. You mean like Meguiars? Or is it a special solution?

Hey all - So I am new to the Model X forum. After almost a year of waiting for the Model S and taking delivery of the Model S LR in mid March, realized I really need the Model X. My second car (original car) is Model Y LR. Given some family member mobility issues, a higher car (SUV) made sense hence selling the model S.

My Red Model X Plaid is being scheduled for pick up very shortly (VIN assigned 7SAXCBE66NF33910x). Since I already have the Y and in no real rush, should I wait for the new matrix lights on the Model X? does anyone know when they may be expected? Also, are there any other meaningful updates coming up on the Model X that are worth waiting a few months for? Given Tesla track record, if I get my VIN unmatched, I can easily buy 3-4 months before they will pester me to take delivery.

Thoughts?
It was reported in the MS thread that the "Tilting Screen" Is now on all new MS/MX built recently. One poster liked it so much, stated it was worth at least 25k.

Last edited:
When will the MX receive the cut over the matrix lights? Someone mentioned June/July production?
Nobody knows. The next improvement might be an efficiency upgrade, a production process improvement or maybe matrix lights. It could be anything. Tesla does not share details on upcoming improvements, they just make them and someone notices the change (or not).

When will the MX receive the cut over the matrix lights? Someone mentioned June/July production?
No one knows it could be next month it could be 2 years from now. I remember people doing this same thing with the Model Y long range when they saw the Model Y Performance came with the matrix lights beginning of last year. They thought it was imminent that the long range would get them and now more than a full year later and no north american Model Y long range has the matrix lights still. You could put your order on hold but honestly, you could be waiting months if not years for them to bring it to market. There has been no leaks or images of the matrix lights for the x like they did for the model s with those korea market refresh leaks.

Does get annoying when you get flashed constantly
My Plaid delivered a couple weeks back has no matrix. But compared to my 2018 MX, Plaid headlights are twice as bright and quite satisfactory. So bright that I'm almost taken aback by how bright the return reflection on closer objects are. It also made me worry about other cars blinking me to turn off my brights. But I've not had one car blink me to 'turn off my brights'.

I've realized I don't need matrix. At all.

Reactions: Epradox
It was absolutely crystal clear No X has Matrix yet from information shared on this forum. It is also crystal clear that if you ask 10 SA’s a technical question you’ll get 11 different answers. If you asked anyone here on the forum they could have told you exactly what you were getting. But you wanted to believe the SA.

I knew the exact VIN I needed on my S and I got it. If I didn’t I would have pushed it out. There are lots of upgrades always coming. Some are more important than others. Like it would be great to get swivel screen but not a big deal to miss that. Could care less about tail lights too. But improved headlights are worth waiting for. It’s a safety feature, not a convenience feature.

This is on low beam and they don’t have the fancy programming that’s due to come. This is a good distance back and camera zoomed in.

I took this photo to show off my polished windshield. Have you polished yours yet, it’s as important as new headlights. It is absolutely pitch dark out. Feels like daylight with no windshield.

51985924520_c18dde46de_b_d.jpg

Does anyone know if the statement "No X has matrix lights" is still true? Does anyone (who has an X) have them?