Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait for matrix lights? Model X Plaid being delivered within the week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully the lack/slow down of July deliveries and start of new quarter means they're retooling Fremont for the new lights and associated hardware.

I can hope!
I am hoping the same thing ... I am sure TMC has some contacts inside the factory which maybe can at-least give us an idea of when could this happen or why was it not done yet.... Where are the members who have some deep contacts inside / within Tesla :) Please help us get some answers.

I am hoping the same thing ... I am sure TMC has some contacts inside the factory which maybe can at-least give us an idea of when could this happen or why was it not done yet.... Where are the members who have some deep contacts inside / within Tesla :) Please help us get some answers.
I had the matrix lights on my MYP and have now owned a MXP for almost a month. The MXP lights are great so I def wouldn't hold off just for some matrix lights that may never come.

I had the matrix lights on my MYP and have now owned a MXP for almost a month. The MXP lights are great so I def wouldn't hold off just for some matrix lights that may never come.
I am hoping the Lights are good on MXP. But Matrix has more potential thru future software updates. Matrix in current state may not have much advantage but possible thru future Updates.

I have 2021 Model S Refresh - Its headlights was poorly rated by IIHS

Not sure how current Model X headlights are rated.

I am hoping the Lights are good on MXP. But Matrix has more potential thru future software updates. Matrix in current state may not have much advantage but possible thru future Updates.

That. Is not the refresh that they rated poorly.

Reactions: mswlogo
That. Is not the refresh that they rated poorly.
If I remember correctly in January the production for Model S was paused because of the refresh in 2021 ? So how is it not the refresh ? Not doubting you but just confused than what this is.. Can you Please elaborate ?

Because some of the discussion from that time says they are the same headlights or were back in 2021 when I took the delivery..

If I remember correctly in January the production for Model S was paused because of the refresh in 2021 ? So how is it not the refresh ? Not doubting you but just confused than what this is.. Can you Please elaborate ?

Because some of the discussion from that time says they are the same headlights or were back in 2021 when I took the delivery..
Model S 2022 Refresh Production was paused for Matrix Headlights, Tail Lights, Charge Port, Removing Radar. X Was Halted too, for everything but Matrix. Probably some under the hood changes too. I suspect if the Model X gets Matrix is won't be nearly as long a pause, if at all.

Headlights are worth waiting for. Rumor was July for Model X Matrix.

• Love
Reactions: 127.0.0.0

The picture is not the refresh with the narrowed parking lights in front. I believe i see the stapler look from the Raven.

• Helpful
The picture is not the refresh with the narrowed parking lights in front. I believe i see the stapler look from the Raven.
if, You are referring to the picture on IIHS website for some reason I feel like that picture is just generic not the actual vehicle which they tested for 2021. Reason being.
1657078304927.png

Hoping though you are right.

I have now sent an email to IIHS not sure if I will ever hear for them but will update here if they ever reply.

if, You are referring to the picture on IIHS website for some reason I feel like that picture is just generic not the actual vehicle which they tested for 2021. Reason being.
View attachment 825207
Hoping though you are right.

I have now sent an email to IIHS not sure if I will ever hear for them but will update here if they ever reply.
2021 Never had Matrix headlights.
Even many 2022 don’t have them.

I also have a Model S Refresh but 2022 right before Matrix headlights were added and my lord man are these headlights baaad.

My Porsche 911 headlights are easily 4x better minimum in terms of area coverage.

• Informative
I also have a Model S Refresh but 2022 right before Matrix headlights were added and my lord man are these headlights baaad.

My Porsche 911 headlights are easily 4x better minimum in terms of area coverage.
Wierd. To me my Plaid Model X lights (del'd late 5.15) are 3x as good and as bright as my old 2018 Model X. And Plaid X does not yet have matrix.

Reactions: jboy210
Wierd. To me my Plaid Model X lights (del'd late 5.15) are 3x as good and as bright as my old 2018 Model X. And Plaid X does not yet have matrix.
From what I've seen and heard is that the Model X lights this past year are much better than the years prior but still not quite as good as the matrix ones. But the Model S lights have basically been pure garbage since release up until the matrix update.

I had a Model 3 and the headlights on that were great as well but this Model S is just bad.

• Helpful
I also find my 2022 X headlights much better than my 2018 X headlights. They look quite different and seem to be brighter and wider, I find them fine and would not expect matrix headlights to be a huge improvement.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I think before anyone does anything rash trying to wait for matrix headlights, they should read the 3 forums. I was excited to hear we would likely get them on our new 3 order. But it seems like they don't do as much as most people expect in the Tesla implementation. Other companies seem to be buying control packages from the light vendor. Tesla seems to be rolling their own and is slowly making progress. Also, some 3's come with them and some do not. They seem to be in short supply and go out of stock frequently.

• Informative