Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait for matrix lights? Model X Plaid being delivered within the week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting interaction today with the service center.

Drop off my car for headlights adjustments amongst other things that were from 8/10 delivered XLR.

Headlights were noted by the advisor that these are the new matrix headlights and that these cut off certain aspects of the headlight beam for oncoming traffic.

I have this in writing.

But when i play the light show,.i was expecting a tesla logo to appear on the beam but didnt happen. I did notice the headlight leds and them flicking on/off, didnt know that these were there...

Thoughts?

• Funny
Reactions: Eskimo YoYo
Interesting interaction today with the service center.

Drop off my car for headlights adjustments amongst other things that were from 8/10 delivered XLR.

Headlights were noted by the advisor that these are the new matrix headlights and that these cut off certain aspects of the headlight beam for oncoming traffic.

I have this in writing.

But when i play the light show,.i was expecting a tesla logo to appear on the beam but didnt happen. I did notice the headlight leds and them flicking on/off, didnt know that these were there...

Thoughts?

Folks have been told the same thing numerous times in the last 4 or 5 months yet it's always been that they are just the regular LED lights. SAs get confused between S and X which really SuX ;)

Folks have been told the same thing numerous times in the last 4 or 5 months yet it's always been that they are just the regular LED lights. SAs get confused between S and X which really SuX ;)
Yeah, SA usually have no idea. We just took a delivery of Plaid X last friday. So a Survey just came in. I just put in the Survey that please allow Refresh Owner to do Retrofits of the Matrix headlights for a cost.. (It probably won't get far) but LOL will keep trying to get that message across maybe if enough of us make the noise it might happen..

Reactions: GuyDude
So far my biggest complaint is that there is no Tesla branded Half- sun visor for the windshield. I basically always need to wear a hat if I'm driving during the day. I purchased an aftermarket visor from RPM Tesla and it works for now. Tesla REALLY needs to get moving on refresh X accessories.

Purchased a Model X mesh 1/2 windshield Sun screen on line. Inexpensive and works pretty well on my Refresh. Not as good as the one from Tesla, but will hold me over until Tesla releases a better one.
It does not cover the little camera in the mirror, but kinda need to use the sun visors to hold it up close to the class in front.

Reactions: GuyDude