Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait new model LR AWD or take a used performance.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any thoughts, what would you do?

I am having a hard time to decide. I am in Finland, have a order a on a Long Range AWD white/white since July and no VIN so far, at this point I believe it would be delivered only in February/March.

There are many deliveries right now so the used car inventory is fillinup, unfortunately no 2021 LR with heat pump and heated sterling wheel what is white relevant for me.

But this 2021 performance showed up.

Pros on taking the used one

+ 6000€ cheaper then my LR order
+ enhanced autopilot included (not sure if it is true and permanent or just some limited time)
+ have the car in my hands by next week instead of waiting more 2-3 months.
+ only 36k km +USS

Cons
-bigger wheels diminishing confort and easyer to break. (I will need to buy a winter set anyway of smaller wheels so the 20" would be only summer)
-less range
-black seats, would be nice to have a white but not a deal breaker.

I wouldn't pay extra for enhanced AP, but it is nice to have it "for free". The performance diference is also not something I would pay extra but is nice to have.
Anything else I should know consider?

Would the financing interest rate be higher becouse it is used?

Would the issuance cost more on the performance even if it is lower price what I am paying?

Is there a diference on the suspension or ground clearance?

What would you do?

Attachments

• 1B0790C7-A777-4ED0-8F00-21D7026648A9.jpeg
    1B0790C7-A777-4ED0-8F00-21D7026648A9.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 161
  • B87765EE-A9EB-4AFE-BB67-5E324414CA97.jpeg
    B87765EE-A9EB-4AFE-BB67-5E324414CA97.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 76
  • EFD4BE92-CDF0-4A58-8060-F2A1B169297D.jpeg
    EFD4BE92-CDF0-4A58-8060-F2A1B169297D.jpeg
    121.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 78596E37-FBE5-43AD-B36E-0DB624A49804.jpeg
    78596E37-FBE5-43AD-B36E-0DB624A49804.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 65
  • EAB43AFF-2F05-448D-A0D6-A8F236599164.jpeg
    EAB43AFF-2F05-448D-A0D6-A8F236599164.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 4A2535E4-2A55-4FEF-AAB8-CA9F67659794.jpeg
    4A2535E4-2A55-4FEF-AAB8-CA9F67659794.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 75
Ya man that's not an easy one. One one hand, a 2 year newer brand new car with full warranty, more range, more comfort, MUCH cheaper 18" factory aero winter wheel/tire package available(I don't think you can do 18's on the P due to calipers). That checks a lot of boxes for your cold climate. Are you saying the 2021 P comes with lifetime free SS? I mean, that's either a huge benefit, or not. I plan to only supercharge when I absolutely have to since L2 charging healthier for the battery and I don't road trip frequently. So free SS would be nice but limited benefit for me particularly.

I think I'd have to lean towards new, and get *EXACTLY* what you want i.e. white interior. Spending 50-$60k on a car, it's important to get exactly what you want. I'd have to lean towards new with more range. Winter range will be better even with smaller winter wheels/tires on the 2021 P as you can't go down to 18(unless there is some aftermarket available but then maybe not as aero as the factory wheels.).

Enhanced auto pilot is an expensive feature but not a very important feature to me personally, so you have to weigh that yourself.

My vote is go with longest range. I just think that's going to give you the best quality of life in the long range(pun intended) :)

Ya man that's not an easy one. One one hand, a 2 year newer brand new car with full warranty, more range, more comfort, MUCH cheaper 18" factory aero winter wheel/tire package available(I don't think you can do 18's on the P due to calipers). That checks a lot of boxes for your cold climate. Are you saying the 2021 P comes with lifetime free SS? I mean, that's either a huge benefit, or not. I plan to only supercharge when I absolutely have to since L2 charging healthier for the battery and I don't road trip frequently. So free SS would be nice but limited benefit for me particularly.

I think I'd have to lean towards new, and get *EXACTLY* what you want i.e. white interior. Spending 50-$60k on a car, it's important to get exactly what you want. I'd have to lean towards new with more range. Winter range will be better even with smaller winter wheels/tires on the 2021 P as you can't go down to 18(unless there is some aftermarket available but then maybe not as aero as the factory wheels.).

Enhanced auto pilot is an expensive feature but not a very important feature to me personally, so you have to weigh that yourself.

My vote is go with longest range. I just think that's going to give you the best quality of life in the long range(pun intended) :)

They told me they have a winter package of 18" for 1950 euros which is the same price of the LR which will be included. I was surprised and a bit concerned they didnt know it wouldn't fit.

Ah. I guess maybe it's just Tesla's factory aero 18" wheels that won't fit the P models due to larger brake calipers. Apparently, some aftermarket 18's will work on the P models? Not sure about this though but it seems I've seen members post about putting 18's on their P models for winter. Maybe someone with more definitive knowledge will chime in.

@ICE5891 What did you decide?

I have not yet pulled the trigger, but I am inclined to take the 2021 Performance and main reasons are delivery time, lower price and quite good warranty time still. Delivery of model 3 long range are not looking great here. I have been monitoring on new and used inventory and nothing great have appeared, there is a bunch of 2019 LR on 70-100k km and few 2021 RWD on 50-70k km.

Last few weeks on the end of the year delivery rush of new models there has been in the inventory several Model S and X Plaid, all kind of MY and few Model 3 RWD. Not a single Model 3 long range.
Other EU countries like Denmark, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Slovenia... They all had some Model 3 Long Range on new inventory during last few weeks.

My Long range order is from July/2022 and some April/May orders also were not delivered in 2022, we believe they will come only in the end of march 2023.

The seller guy from tesla guarantee me that this 2021 M3P is in great condition and that they are now preparing it for delivery, doing battery checking and other stuff. I don't know exactly what they are doing but I should get a call soon to arrange delivery time.

Things that can still break the deal for me are.
-any red flag on car or battery condition
-higher interest rates that would narrow the price gap, so far they told me that they would just transfer my already approved financing that was done for the LR.
-complicated or expensive winter tire arrangement that would narrow the price gap. I want to have the 18" version that is cheaper, less likely to be damaged and will give extra few km of range during the cold months. I don't know exactly what is their solution, if they have some 18" from tesla now that fit on M3P of if they have here a deal with some after market supplier I was told that they will deliver it with winter set.

Last edited:
if you ask them to remove eap they should lower the price
Yes I asked but unfortunately they don't do any modification on used inventory deals. This "free" EAP seams like just a incentive to used inventory. All listed cars available have it and they are are matching the price I would expect for used car so I don't think they are "adding" to the price and telling it is free.

Reactions: DocHolliday
I thought I would give an update and conclusion on this topic.

I was convinced on getting the used M3P but for some reason it was looking like tesla seller was trying to make it harder. I don't know the reason but he was putting more problems every other day. It was some window tinting that was illegal and they need to remove, then later there was some problems on the wheels that they need to find another one. It all sounded like made-up excuses. I don't know the reason, maybe the car had some bigger problem he didn't want to disclosure, maybe they didn't even had the car on parking slot and was mistakenly added to the tesla inventory or maybe he want to keep this very good deal to a friend. Either way I give-up on it.

Funny thing is that I was fed-up and frustrated of this not going forward on 17.1. Then on next they I woke up with the news that tesla drop the price in 10k and I got a hidden VIN in my original order meaning that the LR was on its way to Europe somewhere in Indic Ocean.

Then last week I finally took delivery of the LR, got the 10K discount, didn't find any obvious quality control issue and couldn't be more happy.