Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait time for 3rd row seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody have their 3rd row seat replaced? How long did you wait?

Took it in for a 3rd row seat that's stuck in the fold down position. SC said if we have it in stock we'll replace it but it might have to be ordered. "It might take a month to get it." I rolled the dice and dropped it off hoping they had it in stock. Instead I got the text "waiting on part to arrive."

Got a loaner S in the meantime but I'd rather drive my X until the seat arrives. I think dropped off cars sit in an open lot, baking in the sun, collecting bird *sugar*.

Anybody have their 3rd row seat replaced? How long did you wait?

Took it in for a 3rd row seat that's stuck in the fold down position. SC said if we have it in stock we'll replace it but it might have to be ordered. "It might take a month to get it." I rolled the dice and dropped it off hoping they had it in stock. Instead I got the text "waiting on part to arrive."

Got a loaner S in the meantime but I'd rather drive my X until the seat arrives. I think dropped off cars sit in an open lot, baking in the sun, collecting bird *sugar*.
I had mine fail in the up up position last Oct. I waited almost 4 weeks for the replacement but kept the car until it came in. Tesla sent a Ranger for the replacement. He said it was a good thing the seatback failed in the up position as he had to lift the seat bottom to access the front 4 Torx bolts. Apparently, the job is more complicated if the seatback is stuck in the down position.
There are only 8 bolts that hold the seat-- 4 front and 4 rear, plus 2 electrical connectors in the rear. The replacement is quite fast.
My only disappointment, as a devout tree-hugger, was to find out that the seats with only a latch failure are not refurbished. They are discarded.

I had mine fail in the up up position last Oct. I waited almost 4 weeks for the replacement but kept the car until it came in. Tesla sent a Ranger for the replacement. He said it was a good thing the seatback failed in the up position as he had to lift the seat bottom to access the front 4 Torx bolts. Apparently, the job is more complicated if the seatback is stuck in the down position.
There are only 8 bolts that hold the seat-- 4 front and 4 rear, plus 2 electrical connectors in the rear. The replacement is quite fast.
My only disappointment, as a devout tree-hugger, was to find out that the seats with only a latch failure are not refurbished. They are discarded.

My seat has failed in down position, they say latch failure. It's been 3 weeks and still waiting for part but I took my car home. They said 4-6 weeks. Sad to hear they can't just fix the latch...