Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wait times at Super chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at the google reviews for the various superchargers. You'll get a good idea if it's busy or not, if there is a wait, or other gotchas, like if you have to pay for parking to access it, etc... I did this on my last trip to Canada, and found it to be pretty spot on. The only SC that had a wait, was the one in Richmond, BC, but it was exactly like it was in the google reviews... Busy with line on Friday/Saturday, but pretty easy to find an empty stall in the middle of the week, etc...

Reactions: superblast
I would think twice about that. Watch a few videos about people that try and travel on EA chargers. Many are broken, slow, or take a long time to start charging. They don’t have any incentive to keep them working at peak performance since it was just a punishment for Volkswagen to install them after “DieselGate”. Long distance travel is one of the main reasons we bought a second Tesla instead of a MachE.
I was watching a video the other day, where they were talking about someone who went on a cross country trip with their Tesla using a passthru CCS adapter like the korean adapter... They were saying that using EA was better than using a v2 Supercharger, cus they could pull 200kw from an EA charger... So he was saying to use v3 superchargers when available, and EA when it wasn't. I remember in the beginning there were lots of videos of busted EA chargers, but they seem to be way better now then it was just a year ago, etc.

I was watching a video the other day, where they were talking about someone who went on a cross country trip with their Tesla using a passthru CCS adapter like the korean adapter... They were saying that using EA was better than using a v2 Supercharger, cus they could pull 200kw from an EA charger... So he was saying to use v3 superchargers when available, and EA when it wasn't. I remember in the beginning there were lots of videos of busted EA chargers, but they seem to be way better now then it was just a year ago, etc.
If you are able to identify this video in your history for us, that'd be great. All the vids I see on the CCS they only get about 50kw from EA. My '18 MX 100D doesn't have the capability to do CCS, but when Plaid arrives in the next month or two, I'd like to try using CCS and EA and others. Some superchargers in L.A. get extremely crowded and don't always advertise when there is a line.

Last edited:
If you are able to identify this video in your history for us, that'd be great. All the vids I see on the CCS they only get about 50kw from EA. My '18 MX 100D doesn't have the capability to do CCS, but when Plaid arrives in the next month or two, I'd like to try using CCS and EA and others. Some superchargers in L.A. get extremely crowded and don't always advertise when there is a line.
The ones you saw were probably the Cetec CCS adapter. That adapter does a protocol conversion to Chademo, so the tesla thinks it's doing Chademo and the station thinks it's doing CCS. That's why the 50kw cap... The official Tesla CCS adapter, doesn't have any electronics at all, its just a pass thru, as the car natively supports CCS. (which is why this adapter only works if your car says CCS enabled, on the display)

This is the video I was referring to. In this particular case, he was getting 90kw, but he also said the car was cold as he didn't preheat the battery at all... I saw other threads of people that just got their korean CCS adapters, and they were reporting getting 170kw and such. And in the video, this guy mentions his friend going on a cross country trip with his tesla using this adapter that he borrowed, and got 200kw.

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1