Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for delivery in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you picking your car up in Toronto or Montreal? Mine looks like it will be in Toronto but I’m hoping I can get it switched to Montreal instead
Toronto. There might be tax implications (never properly confirmed either way) and delays getting it from Montreal. With the Ontario rebate at potential risk, I'm going for minimizing delays, otherwise I probably would have had it delivered to my house.

Toronto. There might be tax implications (never properly confirmed either way) and delays getting it from Montreal. With the Ontario rebate at potential risk, I'm going for minimizing delays, otherwise I probably would have had it delivered to my house.

My Model S was delivered to my house out of the Montreal store and I still got the Ontario rebates and licensing done without issue. Was having your M3 delivered to your house an option? I’d take that if I can because I can wait a few extra days without too much over-excitement

I’ll talk to the rep in Toronto tomorrow to see what I can sort out. I have time since my VIN is in the 302xx range which is higher than I’ve seen from anyone else in Canada so far. Sounds like my car is still in California at present.

My Model S was delivered to my house out of the Montreal store and I still got the Ontario rebates and licensing done without issue. Was having your M3 delivered to your house an option? I’d take that if I can because I can wait a few extra days without too much over-excitement

I’ll talk to the rep in Toronto tomorrow to see what I can sort out. I have time since my VIN is in the 302xx range which is higher than I’ve seen from anyone else in Canada so far. Sounds like my car is still in California at present.
Having it delivered to Ottawa from Montreal wouldn't trigger the potential tax issues, only taking delivery in Montreal might. (Like a shopping address on an order)

I gathered the delay for local delivery might be as long as few weeks. They weren't keen on it though, but did offer it as an option.

With the rebate being at risk, I was prepared to take chances.

I’m not worried about missing the rebate due to the election. The new government won’t take office until September and then it will take them a couple months to complain about all the poorly spent money from the previous government. I figure unless the rebate budget runs out of cash we have until the end of the year.

When I bought my S I could have picked it up in Montreal or had it delivered and it would have been the same deal. Since delivery was free I had them truck it to my house.

In the end unless they want to drop it in Montreal I guess I’ll just take Toronto delivery even if it means taking a day off and driving back through “crazy town” . I wonder if you pick it up at Yorkdale?

I’m not worried about missing the rebate due to the election. The new government won’t take office until September and then it will take them a couple months to complain about all the poorly spent money from the previous government. I figure unless the rebate budget runs out of cash we have until the end of the year.

When I bought my S I could have picked it up in Montreal or had it delivered and it would have been the same deal. Since delivery was free I had them truck it to my house.

In the end unless they want to drop it in Montreal I guess I’ll just take Toronto delivery even if it means taking a day off and driving back through “crazy town” . I wonder if you pick it up at Yorkdale?
Thought June, pickup is at International Centre near the airport due to high volume of cars. Otherwise it would be Lawrence or Oakville services centres. I don't believe they do deliveries at the sales locations (like Yorkdale).

On the rebate, people have cited examples as quick as 8 days after the election where changes like this have taken place. I wouldn't assume nothing will happen till September (although it's certaintly possible).

To those who have taken delivery or are about to take delivery: when did you get the final transaction details in your account? I’m expecting delivery this coming Friday June 1st and still do not have the final amount due (including taxes and fees).

To those who have taken delivery or are about to take delivery: when did you get the final transaction details in your account? I’m expecting delivery this coming Friday June 1st and still do not have the final amount due (including taxes and fees).

Me too, same date. Ppl here is saying that it will be appear by 2-3 days before delivery.. I will try to call my ISA again today, but I have hard time to reach him last week.

Taking delivery May 30th.
I emailed my ISA today and she responded in 3 minutes with my purchase agreement containing how much I owe.

That being said, my ISA seems to especially responsive compared some others I have read about.

Are people still getting calls? I can't believe I still haven't gotten a delivery date yet....

We called few days after we got the VIN seeing how everyone else was being contacted except us and we found out we didn't have an ISA assigned, so the nice lad on the phone pinged a manger to assign one to us and the next day we got the initial contact email from our ISA and got the ball rolling with June 5th delivery.

So maybe call Tesla (the main number listed in your account) and see what the hold up is.

• Love
Reactions: T3slaCanuck