TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

Waiting for M3 LR RWD in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SimonYoungtree, Dec 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SimonYoungtree

SimonYoungtree New Member

Living in the Netherlands, I have waiting (reservation) since beginning 2018. Maybe, with some luck, I will become a Tesla owner some day. I am closely following this forum, watching for any hints about reappearance of the M3 LR RWD.
    AWD is for the polluters amongst us. In a flat country like the Netherlands and lots of traffic AWD makes no sense. So lets hope Elon is in the game for the environment first and not for the money.
    I have joined the forum to make others aware of my disappointment about the rumours M3 LR RWD will not appear. Maybe it helps. If not, then I dump my reservation and wait for something else to appear. Anyone else waiting for this type?

In the mean time a keep servicing my gasburners (LPG).

Greetings Simon Youngtree

• Like x 1
  2. Jaywlker

Jaywlker Former Vendor

I watched a news article last night on your country’s efforts to go all-electric from renewable energy sources. Kudos! I also hope thst you get the M3 LR RWD that you want. Tesla woild be foolish not to offer it! Merry belated Christmas, and Happy New Year!

3. VT_EE

VT_EE Active Member

Think of AWD as the sports model then. Unlike a traditional ICE AWD vehicle, the Tesla AWD has redundant motors and is faster than RWD.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Jaywlker

Jaywlker Former Vendor

I’ve read some forum members’ take that AWD is better in snow and mud.

• Helpful x 1
  5. Elja Trum

Elja Trum Member

AWD is useful in the wet weather we have here, also.
    We’ll get the rwd medium range in a couple of months. Perhaps that’s an option for you?

• Like x 1