Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for Octopus Agile or Go.... try Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I switched to Octopus in April after my car was delivered & immediately requested smart meters but there's now a large backlog & apparently few installers working yet (doesn't make sense to me as most are lone workers and should be jostling for the income).

I'm OK to wait because we don't need gas heating until later in the year & get plenty of solar for the house, battery storage & car until sometime late Autumn.

I recently switched to the Octopus Tracker tariff while I wait for the new meters & the rates are better than any of their 'other' tariffs. I also pay by variable DD so we don't run up a large credit in the summer months when we're mostly paying the daily standing charge element & very little else.

They provide daily rates on the Tracker page in your account with graphs showing the trend.

Whenever you provide a meter reading, you pay the average of the days since the last reading so I guess theoretically you could provide a daily reading & be charged that way. As I'm using so little at the moment, I'll just give monthly readings.

Todays rates:
12.48p + 17.97p daily standing charge, gas 1.82p + 15.90 daily standing charge

Their 12 mth fixed plan ('best' available before switching to Agile/Go):
16.21p + 19.94p daily standing charge, gas 2.84p + 17.85 daily standing charge

There are graphs showing how the wholesale cost relates to the daily total and also transparent comparisons with most other energy suppliers variable tariffs.

5z4M7Tq.png
ing

Reactions: m3gt2
"This is interesting and a fair bit cheaper than the Super Green tariff i'm on while waiting for my smart meter (at least at current wholesale rates). I can't figure out how to switch tariffs on their site, did you just email them?"
Email them pointing out that you have been waiting x many months for a smart meter. They e calculated 4 mnths of bills for me and gave me the tracker rate backdated to January... £123 better off.

I phoned, was given an email quote then called back next day to talk it through - easy enough & as I clicked the link to transfer over (which defaults to a monthly DD figure) they then moved me back to DD only pay for usage.

So far, since April my experience with Octopus has been very good - helpful, responsive & people who promise to do something and actually call or email me back without chasing. Rare these days.

I had to email them to switch to tracker. They sent me a link that didn’t work and a few days later switched it for me. My dad has been trying close to a month to switch for both electricity and gas but they also gave him a link that won’t work and take days to reply with less than helpful information

I'm in the same position, I sent them a message on via FB messenger asking for a better tariff than the super green or whatever they call it and they switched me there and then to the tracker. Just had to click on an email link they sent to accept the new rates. Very easy.

I contacted Octopus during lockdown, just to ask what the plan was and when they might hope to get on with meter swaps, so I could move to Go.

They offered me Tracker straight away and sent me a quote email, the link in the email made it simple to switch over.

They contacted me this week to say that meter swaps were starting again and to expect contact within the next two weeks or so.

Luke