Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for SR downgrade (1 year)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought the call in May 2019 as an SR. Got an email in July that the downgrade will happen unless I contact Tesla. The car is still an SR+. I took it to the service center a few times for other issues. Is anyone in the same boat? Can I assume it will be a forever SR+ now?

Bought the call in May 2019 as an SR. Got an email in July that the downgrade will happen unless I contact Tesla. The car is still an SR+. I took it to the service center a few times for other issues. Is anyone in the same boat? Can I assume it will be a forever SR+ now?

No, you can assume nothing as far as features go that you didnt pay for, in regards to Tesla anyway. You just have to hope that your car vin never shoes up in the internal audits that tesla does. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

Just why in the hell would you ever complain about this?

I didnt get the impression that this OP was complaining... just asking. We see a LOT of complaint posts here about somewhat nonsensical stuff, but this seemed more like just a question to me as in "am I in the clear now?"

To be fair, for a non tesla vehicle, features that are on the car when you buy it are there, period... no one sneaks into your garage to remove them later, even if you "didnt pay for them".... but that is the price for this connected world, and one that people "sign up for" when buying a tesla.

The connectivity is a two way street, and one needs to be ok with that to buy the vehicle (not directed at you bill, just a general statement).